Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar + Restoration Staff?

Kalfes
Kalfes
I made a High Elf Templar, I was going to train in the 3 main skills for my skill tree aedric, dawn, and restoring wrath, along with restoration staff, thoughts, is this a good idea?
Edited by Kalfes on July 23, 2015 10:45PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a build: no its not.

Bow damage scales from stamina, class skills scale from magica.

It is always ok to train skilllines (you want to unlock as much possible when levelling), but for making the build effective it is not good.

there are a few hybrid builds, but as high elf is also magica based, using a stamina based weapon is not recommend. Also cause bow is mostly good for stealthed crits, for what you need stamina as well. So very lil snyergy here. You can still pull it off, but only if you dont use the bow (or bow skills) a lot and know it is far from optimal.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Kalfes
    Kalfes
    Bump
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Bow damage scales from stamina, class skills scale from magica.
    Bow?

Resto staff and the Templar skill lines seems about right for a healer...it's what I'm using (but that's not really saying much).

Originally I had a dual wield bar for solo questing, but I've given that up and use the resto staff for everything....sure it takes a bit to kill things, but I've got time....and I'll run as a healer when in a group.

Edited by bareheiny on July 24, 2015 12:52AM
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    I started out with a resto staff, but got tired of not doing damage.

Now I run destro with a resto sectondaro

-Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I will second using the destro/resto staff combo on your Templar. The restoration staff is great for healing, but it just doesn't do enough damage when you are solo leveling.
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I run Resto/2h on my Templar Healer. I'm fully specced into magicka, but didn't want to go into Destro. 2h is nice for soloing, though I might change to Destro later.

As for your original question: Templar + Restoration Staff = match made in Healer Heaven :)