Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grouping

Zebo7
Zebo7
Was looking for a little insight from you folks. I group with a friend in the past we have been able to swap group leader to either one of us. Last time we tried this I was in veteran levels and he was preveteran levels and there was no issue. Last night while we were grouping with both us now in veteran levels the game constantly forced me to be group leader. Is that by design the highest person is group leader? We tried disbanding group, ect about everything you could think of to try and make sure we were not bugged.

Thanks for any input
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might have just encountered a bug; any player can be group leader, regardless of level. The grouping system can get pretty glitchy sometimes. For instance, I've been in groups in which no one was designated group leader (no crown icon next to any player's name, no one can pass lead or invite others, etc.). Did you try having your friend invite you to a group? If he starts the group, the game should automatically designate him as the leader. Is it an issue with you passing the lead to him or does the game just refuse to make him leader, even if he was the one who started the group? It can't be related to player level; it must be some sort of bug.
  • Zebo7
    Zebo7
    He would send invite, I would accept. I would get a message Group invite accepted, Failed to group". So another route we tried is I started the group. Completely shut down ESO. We were on chat and said crown moved to him. He remained logged in and as soon as I came back into game the crown flipped to me.

Will give it a try again tonight. Normally I wouldn't care which one of us is leader but when two person grouping Undaunted stuff there is a painful difference between V2/V9
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. That's odd. It's probably just a bug, as I've said before. Another thing ZOS needs to fix. Hope it doesn't continue to give you too much trouble.