Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What area should I be in?

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
I may have missed some thing in a storyline, I am wondering where I should be headed. I completed Shadowfen and headed over to Eastmarch, where I completed all but one quest, a quest I jumped and down like a little kid and posted on here lol.
The next place I can see for my level range 31-35 is Alik R Desert or Valenwood, I have not visited these places so need to discover them in game. Not interested in Cyrodil just yet, maybe later I will. Am I following the correct path? As said I may have missed some thing Written that would have pointed me in the right direction.

Any pointers will be appreciated.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is split into 3 alliances. Each alliance plays in (parts off) two or three regions. When you visit a certain region depends on the alliance you've chosen.

You've chosen the ebonheart pact. That means it is your home alliance (and the first to finish). It consists of parts of Morrowwind (bal foyen, stonefalls and deshaan), Black marsh (shadowfen) and Skyrim (Bleakrock, Eastmarch and the Rift).

Only after you completed all these maps, and a map with a -spoiler- name, you will be sent to the daggerfall convenant.

There you will play through veteran rank versions of the maps on that side of the world and once you finish them you are sent to the Aldmeri dominion and play through even higher veteran rank versions of these maps.

So as you started out in ebonheart pact, the level 31-35 version of Alik R Desert will be unavailable. You will get to the veteran rank 4 version later on.

Valenwood is not a zone but a region in the aldmeri dominion. You will play through them at veteranrank 7 and above.

So in short. The correct sequence to play through the ebonheart pact is:

Bleakrock (small startermap) (lvl 1-5)
    Bal Foyen (small starter map)(lvl 6-7)
    Stonefalls (lvl 1-15)
    Deshaan (lvl 15-23)
    Shadowfen (lvl 24-31)
    Eastmarch (lvl 31-37
    The rift (lvl 38-44)
    -spoilername- map (lvl 45-50)

If you are in the lvl 31-35 levelrange and have done all in eastmarch and shadowfen, you have likely skipped a lot of content in Stonefalls and Deshaan. So I would suggest doing them to regain that xp (although you are above the level, you still get some for it). Alternative you can grind enemy's to gain those levels in e.g. eastmarch, till you are high enough lvl for the rift.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    The game is split into 3 alliances. Each alliance plays in (parts off) two or three regions. When you visit a certain region depends on the alliance you've chosen.

You've chosen the ebonheart pact. That means it is your home alliance (and the first to finish). It consists of parts of Morrowwind (bal foyen, stonefalls and deshaan), Black marsh (shadowfen) and Skyrim (Bleakrock, Eastmarch and the Rift).

Only after you completed all these maps, and a map with a -spoiler- name, you will be sent to the daggerfall convenant.

There you will play through veteran rank versions of the maps on that side of the world and once you finish them you are sent to the Aldmeri dominion and play through even higher veteran rank versions of these maps.

So as you started out in ebonheart pact, the level 31-35 version of Alik R Desert will be unavailable. You will get to the veteran rank 4 version later on.

Valenwood is not a zone but a region in the aldmeri dominion. You will play through them at veteranrank 7 and above.

Stonefalls (lvl 1-15)
    Deshaan (lvl 15-23)
    Shadowfen (lvl 24-31)
    Eastmarch (lvl 31-37
    The rift (lvl 38-44)

If you are in the lvl 31-35 levelrange and have done all in eastmarch and shadowfen, you have likely skipped a lot of content in Stonefalls and Deshaan. So I would suggest doing them to regain that xp (although you are above the level, you still get some for it). Alternative you can grind enemy's to gain those levels in e.g. eastmarch, till you are high enough lvl for the rift.

First and foremost thank you such an informative reply, I hope it helps other as much as it will me.

I will have another look at Stonefalls and Deshaan although on the map it self there are no markings in black and white. It maybe the case I missed one of those quests whereby some one runs up to you. As you say I must have missed some content otherwise I would have progressed high enough to be able to move on to another area.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Stonefalls (lvl 1-15)
    Deshaan (lvl 15-23)
    Shadowfen (lvl 24-31)
    Eastmarch (lvl 31-37
    The rift (lvl 38-44)

First and foremost thank you such an informative reply, I hope it helps others as much as it will me.

I will have another look at Stonefalls and Deshaan although on the map it self there are no markings in black and white. It maybe the case I missed one of those quests whereby some one runs up to you. As you say I must have missed some content otherwise I would have progressed high enough to be able to move on to another area.

-Johnny Depp
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    First and foremost thank you such an informative reply, I hope it helps other as much as it will me.

Because the map icons for the different quest areas, delves, dolmens etc. are only added to your map once you "discover" them, it is entirely possible that you could have missed a good bit of content even if all the icons on your map show as completed. I definitely think it would be smart to take another look around all of your current alliance's zones and see what you may have missed. Make sure you aren't just sticking to the main roads when you are exploring a map. Heading out into the wilderness for a bit is a great way to find side quests. Happy hunting :)

Another tip to staying on level is to make sure you are not going out of your way to avoid killing mobs. You certainly don't need to grind them, but if you have a tendency to avoid killing things whenever possible while questing and just jump from objective to objective you can miss out on a good amount of XP.