Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Deconstruct gear?

Kaladinn
Kaladinn
Hi guys,

New to the game and first time poster. I can't figure out how to break down my gear to level up my blacksmithing. I searched online but the results seem to be for PC version. I'm playing with a PS4 and I don't have options at a blacksmith to break down. My options are buy, sell, buy back, repair(?). If anyone could help that would be appreciated. Also the differences in the color of gears I assume gives different things when broken down?

Also what do I do with glyphs? I have about 30 of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    You have to go to blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing, or enchanting workstations to craft or deconstruct not the vendor.
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    Thanks for your reply. I believe I have gone to blacksmiths and I don't have the option...
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    Oh hmm not a vendor. I see I will try that. Thanks again!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaladinn wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I believe I have gone to blacksmiths and I don't have the option...

Not the blacksmith VENDOR, the blacksmith workstation....anvil and water trough. There are also stations for each craft. Interact with the stations for crafting.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    I'm at a Vulkhel guard NPC Huunel who's a blacksmith and I don't have that options. What am I missing?
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    It's a little anvil with water beside it with tools in the water when you hover over it the game says blacksmithing station. It is not a person but a thing.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaladinn wrote: »
    I'm at a Vulkhel guard NPC Huunel who's a blacksmith and I don't have that options. What am I missing?

You don't talk to the NPC, you look at the little anvil thing. If you want look at my signature and it links to the forum thread with my video beginners guide, click on the blacksmith one and skip ahead a bit, it will show you what a blacksmithing station looks like.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    Ha! I got it. Thanks man.

Now about glyphs...what do I do with these? I know I eventually put them on armor but their clogging my inventory. Help!
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    Go to an enchanting station and extract them. The stations are always located near an enchanting vendor.
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    eso-lorebooks-tamriel-history-frontier-conquest-aldmeri-dominion_thumb.jpg

The icon that is squared in red is where an enchanting table is...plus I believe there is one in every Mages Guild building also
    Edited by whyB on July 22, 2015 5:54PM
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    @whyB good tip on mages guild, but your picture is very blurry and doesn't offer very much.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Pizzonage wrote: »
    @whyB good tip on mages guild, but your picture is very blurry and doesn't offer very much.
    @Pizzonage: It a map of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon. An AD Zone1. In the upper right is a circle around the waypoint, at the top center is the Bank, and far left is the Fighters Guild. Just to the right of that, above the red square is the crafting area with Wood, Blacksmith, and Clothing tables. Directly above that is the Mages Guild.

If you know the area, it's a pretty good map. If you don't it's a little harder to figure out.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Pizzonage
    Pizzonage
    ✭✭
    @Tarukmockto I was discussing more the circling of the icon if you can't see the icon in the picture he wouldn't know which icon he is expressly looking for. As for pure location I was quite content with that was just more pointing out the issue in the icon. It looks like three leaves arranged side by side Kaladinn for future reference.
    Edited by Pizzonage on July 22, 2015 10:19PM
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    I got it! Thanks everyone. I didn't realize the vendor was one aspect and the dang station was another. That and apparently I somehow skipped over those quests. Went back and did them all. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Cheers!