Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling through PvP from level 10 on?

Muffi88
Muffi88
Soul Shriven
Hi, a community mod told me to make my thread somewhere else.

I want to play a char completely through PvP when my friend that I level with is not online. Any suggestions or would I just get stomped on?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be possible, but you will likely get stomped on often.

The first advice is to join the non-veteran rank campaign. This means the max level players will be 49.
    The second advice is to stick mostly to larger groups running round.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • LotusBladedancer
    People are re-rolling just to pvp at lower levels - as, with the Champ points debacle, veteran pvp is extremely unbalanced in favour of who has the most points.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non vet PVP ofc.

Also spend all your AP on oils and ballistas- they will yield you kills and you will definitely be useful on the battle ground. :smiley:
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leveling in PV is slower than other methods but it can be done. I know quite a few pvpers that have rarely set foot outside Cyrodiil.
    As others have said, stick to the non-vet campaigns at first and make sure your Battle Leveling is turned on.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being ganked by someone with a mass of champion points in non-vet campaigns is a little disturbing, but a good place to start because there will always be someone better than you in PvP.

I suck at PvP because I don't regularly PvP ... same with that other MMO that's been around for a decade.

Practice is crucial if you want to make ESO PvP your game.

Any always group up, solo Cyrodil is rarely fun.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind that leveling in pvp is all good and well, but many of the quests throughout the game give skill points, and you will still need to traverse all the zones for skyshards as well. Even if you manage to get to VR and up through pvp, you will still need to go back and do all of the PvE content once you run out of skill points from leveling.

That being said, it would be cool to level a character this way and you have me wanting to try :p
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Scouting quests yield decent xp and are fairly easy, can be time consuming. You NEED a horse though, and level 15 gives you weapon swap, though you probably know that. I have an Alt strictly for PvP. The only time I'm not in is when I have to queue up. Level 20 started at 15, and I believe I am alliance rank 6. Which is only a Tyro. And I do fairly well but I also have a good knowledge base of my char.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.