Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yelow and green quests?

LotusBladedancer
Am i right in thinking that the Yellow coloured quests are major/main quests (rewarding a skill point) and the green quests are side quests?

Also a low level pvp related question ... I am in the noobie pvp zone and sometimes see people with v3/v4 food/buffs ? What are they?

All advice appreciated
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green quests are below your leve(3-5 lvls i think) yellow are around the same lvl as you. once you go 5 lvls(iirc) above a quest it turns grey and you no longer earn exp from it. From the menu screen goto journal, then quests to find out which ones are main/guild/side
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    nope....the color is to indicate the designed level of the quest compared to your own. So if a quest is below your level it is green (or gray if it is far beyond your level). when it is an your level it is yellow and further up it turns red. So it is just an indication for the level, not the difficulty or the reward. (although you get a smaller reward in xp for quests that are green and grey cause they are below your level and more xp for quests above your level)

as for the pvp related question.. I'll leave that to others..
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    nope....the color is to indicate the designed level of the quest compared to your own. So if a quest is below your level it is green (or gray if it is far beyond your level). when it is an your level it is yellow and further up it turns red. So it is just an indication for the level, not the difficulty or the reward. (although you get a smaller reward in xp for quests that are green and grey cause they are below your level and more xp for quests above your level)

I thought there was a +/- 5 levels where you got max XP. So green quests shouldn't have a XP reduction. White quests will have a XP reduction and red quests would also have a XP reduction.

I have seen many videos and posts about XP farming talking about this +/- 5 level max XP gain.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »

I thought there was a +/- 5 levels where you got max XP. So green quests shouldn't have a XP reduction. White quests will have a XP reduction and red quests would also have a XP reduction.

I have seen many videos and posts about XP farming talking about this +/- 5 level max XP gain.

The xp gain/loss is capped at +/- 5 levels. But it allready starts at 1 level difference.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gray is 5 levels below you
    green is within your level
    yellow is within 5 levels above you
    red is 6+ levels above you

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    Green quests are below your leve(3-5 lvls i think) yellow are around the same lvl as you. once you go 5 lvls(iirc) above a quest it turns grey and you no longer earn exp from it. From the menu screen goto journal, then quests to find out which ones are main/guild/side

I believe that even gray quests will still give you some XP for completing them, it's the mobs that completely stop giving you XP and loot.