Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil map question.

Novustratum
Novustratum
✭✭
When bringing up the map while in Cyrodiil, why are no delves, ayleid ruins, towns, etc. visible, but when you go to your main base wayshrine, they are visible there? Doesn't this seem a little backwards? Wouldn't you want to be able to see those things on the map when exploring the zone and not when you're about to use the wayshrine to leave the zone?
Success comes from experience, experience comes from failure, failure comes from trying.

Best Answers

• JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Since the primary function of Cyrodiil is PvP, I assume this is a choice made to make the map less cluttered. When I am in PvP I would prefer not to have to differentiate and sort through the many icons and points of interest to see the important battle ones such as recent combats, keeps, and resources. I imagine this is why it works that way.

If you need a map handy for things in Cyrodiil, I suggest Tamriel Foundries Interactive Map. It is great for finding what you need quickly and has locations of all important items on the map at your disposal. If you prefer to not have the locations spoiled and find them yourself, you can turn them off as well. You can find the map here:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/map/

Good luck!
    Answer ✓
  • Karrion
    Karrion
    Soul Shriven
    You'll need to check your map filters in Cyrodiil as non-PvP objectives seem to default to off.
    Answer ✓
  • Novustratum
    Novustratum
    ✭✭
    @Karrion
    Did not even realize there were map filters. Thanks.

@JJBaboon
    Thanks for the link. Very useful info. I don't mind locations being visible as they're all black icons as opposed to the red/blue/yellow icons denoting PVP related locations and activity.
    Success comes from experience, experience comes from failure, failure comes from trying.