Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best race for vampier

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
I'm going to make a sorcerer vampier what's a good race
High elf
Breton
Dark elf (is the fire damage passive that big of s diffrence?)
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    has nothing to do with vampire, it has all to do with being a sorcerer and presumable magicka based dps

High elf may well be a little better than Breton, I don't think the fire resist helps much to mitigate against vampire weakness to fire.

Personally I went Altmer because I could create the appearance of the classic underfed warlock for my vampire, Breton didn't quite make the appearance I wanted.

MG_Nosferatu03.jpg

Pyat_profile.jpg

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    has nothing to do with vampire, it has all to do with being a sorcerer and presumable magicka based dps

High elf may well be a little better than Breton, I don't think the fire resist helps much to mitigate against vampire weakness to fire.

Personally I went Altmer because I could create the appearance of the classic underfed warlock for my vampire, Breton didn't quite make the appearance I wanted.

MG_Nosferatu03.jpg

Pyat_profile.jpg

Thanks for the help!
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    or if you are into great looks, a cat at stage 4 vamp is not bad either

tecakzg.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Currently, Dark Elf is the general consensus simply because the fire resistance passive is indeed helpful. There's lots of fire in this game, and fire really, really hurts as a vampire. However, the fire damage vamps take is going to be reduced significantly in a coming update, so race won't really matter as much. Race won't make or break you now; if you don't go Dark Elf, you'll just need to supplement a bit more fire resistance on your gear enchantments.

All of the races you listed are "magicka" races, as is your class, so you're set up to benefit from the vampire magicka passive regardless. Just pick whatever race you like best look-wise/lore-wise/passive-wise. All three will make good Sorcs, and all three can make good Vamps.
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    Currently, Dark Elf is the general consensus simply because the fire resistance passive is indeed helpful. There's lots of fire in this game, and fire really, really hurts as a vampire. However, the fire damage vamps take is going to be reduced significantly in a coming update, so race won't really matter as much. Race won't make or break you now; if you don't go Dark Elf, you'll just need to supplement a bit more fire resistance on your gear enchantments.

All of the races you listed are "magicka" races, as is your class, so you're set up to benefit from the vampire magicka passive regardless. Just pick whatever race you like best look-wise/lore-wise/passive-wise. All three will make good Sorcs, and all three can make good Vamps.

fyi... someone worked out the math and found out that the resistances that bretons have actually resist more fire damage than dark elves can, so breton is without a doubt the better race choice, unless ofc you want to go magicka dk.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian

xD

Seriously, every race has its advantages and drawbacks as Vamp. I like lizard vamps because they have passives that can be useful for any vamp, especially those relatede to max health, potions and healing, while the Vamp skills give what the lizard lacks (magicka/stamina regen)

Nevertheless, the Dunmer flame resists is almost unbeatable.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Argonian

xD

Seriously, every race has its advantages and drawbacks as Vamp. I like lizard vamps because they have passives that can be useful for any vamp, especially those relatede to max health, potions and healing, while the Vamp skills give what the lizard lacks (magicka/stamina regen)

Nothing to see here......

We all know the true draw of the vampire argonian is our pale white complexion at stage 4 vamp!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Argonian

xD

Nothing to see here......

We all know the true draw of the vampire argonian is our pale white complexion at stage 4 vamp!

You can always wear more clothes while staying away from the khajit style (stupid sexy cat!)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Toophat82
    Toophat82

I hope you were kidding about the part where the dunmer's Fire resistance is going to be reduced because while it could be minor that is how it starts and then before you know it it's not even elder scrolls anymore. To me the racials are what makes each race in an elder scrolls game interesting and partly on why and how you choose them when creating your character nevermind adding a lot to immersion in the game as well with each race. Also PvE wise racials is important and while they could be improved upon a little they still need to stay as true to elder scrolls games as possible and only reasons they really even considering racial changes has a lot to do with the PVP scene which is another reason why I always say they should keep PvE and PvP seperated and mainly due to when it comes to balancing because both have different needs and play styles and things like immersion, lore, stories/story telling, racials. and other things that add to and are important to RPGs no matter MMO or otherwise aren't important in some competitive mode like PvP so therefore both should never be balanced universally as it is now in ESO. Plenty of MMOs have learned this the hard way and MMOs like GW2 not only learned this lesson but ended up correcting it by separating PvP and PvE for those reasons alone and therefore able to balance both separately thereafter instead of universally and never looked back and they have some of the best PvP in an MMO for that reason.

In my opinion it should not be reduced because that racial alone has always been part elder scrolls and part of why some people choose and love Dark Elfs and others would simply have to use enchants on their gear. Every race has and is known for and by their racials and while one may have advantage in one area they will lack in another and vice versa with every race and that is part of what makes each race interesting, different, and unique in more then just appearance and cosmetics and make character building In elder scrolls titles fun.
    Edited by Toophat82 on October 6, 2015 6:29PM
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Toophat82

I think the poster was referring to the vampire's fire sensitivity changes under the recent patch. Hope I am right...
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    It's 25% instead of 40% fire damage now.

I'm an Argonian vampire and she managed to complete main story when it was 40% fire damage. Restoration is your friend.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.