Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Video aid for how "The Prisoner of Jathsogur" is supposed to be done

Thee_TrueGamer
Thee_TrueGamer
Soul Shriven
Earlier I had posted a video of what I thought was a glitch and bug fix for the Prisoner of Jathsogur. I replicated the glitch multiple times after to see if it worked, but sadly, i was mistaken. It in fact did not work at all. I then soon realized what happened was just sheer luck. I was put in a refreshed instance upon my return to Jathsogur, but here is a video evidence on how the quest should be completed if you ARE NOT on a refreshed instance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sco0ISjNYbc
"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills, and our women in our beds"
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing what you did there. Does repeated logging out fix or not ? I spent 2 hours stuffing around last night and each time I got to the door the quest ticked over to defend. Going to the tree failed, switched back to Talk, then again getting to the door went back to Defend.

Logging out in the top room, failed the quest and as I logged out got the audio "follow me downstairs" or similar. Logging back in flagged the quest as defend again.

Repeatedly.

There were about 30 others in the area.

Repeatedly re-logging did not create a different "instance" ... each time was same place, same group of people, not grouped up with them.

Its supposed to be fixed next patch but when next patch is and whether or not its really fixed is yet to be seen.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Thee_TrueGamer
    Thee_TrueGamer
    Soul Shriven
    I was put in this instance after trying the (what I though was) glitch that got you around the bug. Which was using "Travel to Player" to teleport to another player in Cyrodil. So in a sense, I logged out and logged back in because instead of my objective being "Defend the Silvinar" it changed to the full object, the one that includes "Go to the Silvinar's Prison" Which is also the same thing that appears when you log out and log back in at the tree. So essentially, what I'm trying to get at is, until everyone in your area has their quest objective to "Go to the Silvinar's Prison" the quest won't work.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we tried again tonight ... not working. Only indication around is that the fortress has to be 100% empty for it to work. Anything else seems coincidental.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS said the quest needs to be re-coded, as the current quest is broken. They're working on it, but in the meantime, it's pure luck to hit the prison and have the boss waiting. Logging out may help, as well as hitting the servers early morning, but generally, it's just going to be filled with people.

By the way: others have confirmed that if you can get everyone out of the room, the quest has a chance to spawn the boss. However, the room has to be clear. Not sure how this would work once the boss returns and everyone rushes in to take him out, but I suppose using voice chat to try and corral and "herd" a set number of players is about the only way I can think of.

Me, I'm just going to wait for the update. Moonlit path is also broken, and these two quests keep me from "Dominion Hero" titling. No biggie. Plenty to do in the meantime.
  • Thee_TrueGamer
    Thee_TrueGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Well another way that I competed the quest, just recently actually, you walk to the center of the room(ish), almost like right in front of where that NPC spawns, and log out and log in. Upon logging in, listen out for "If you want to save the Silvinar, you've gotta go through me" or "That's it, just a few more of them, keep it up"(something along those lines). If you hear either one of those dialogs, stay logged in and the fighting should commence (defending the Silvinar)
    Edited by Thee_TrueGamer on July 24, 2015 4:38PM
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    When people turn off their Voice chat (understandable I guess, the voices are much much louder than the game sound) it is impossible to get everyone to leave the room, either they do not hear you and you have no way to tell them to leave. Or they are trolls who know what they are doing. I do not like the idea of going to the next map and do quests there and leave this one hanging x_x I am tired of hearing Silvenar going "This is the place up the hill!" wherever I go
  • Kleptobrainiac
    Kleptobrainiac
    ✭✭✭
    Woke up at approximately 4:45 AM. Only one other player was there & we both hid by the door.

Quest completed.

Took me about a week of banging my head against the wall to try this method.
    The artist formerly known as StaticWax.