Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest XP and equipped weapons

Appleblade
Appleblade
✭✭✭✭✭
Doing dual blade NB with bow backup. Will the XP from a quest completion favor the currently equipped weapon, or also the one currently swapped out? I tend to have the bow equipped when out of battle, and I noticed a lot of bow level up messages and dual wield not so much. I think it's because bow is half the level of DW having started later, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Your active weapon, abilities, ultimate, and equipped armor are used.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you get a kill, whenever you turn in a quest, whenever you receive any form of XP, it is only applied to your currently active weapons and skills.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the back up is not considered active if it's not selected, or vice versa? Don't think I like that. I swap constantly in quests and combat. Bow for ranged then in with the daggers. Having to make sure I'm swapped to weapon 1 or 2 before turning in a quest is a big immersion breaking.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one really likes it, but if you want to level your second ability bar, make sure you have it active when handing in quests.

ZO has coded other things for immersion, such as AWOL vendor NPCs and getting mauled by slaughter fish to name just two.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, there's a way around having to swap bars all the time to get XP to apply to two weapon trees. All you have to do is sacrifice a slot on each bar. On your Bow bar, slot an ability from the DW tree. You won't be able to use that ability as you'll have a Bow equipped, but any XP gains will apply to both your equipped Bow and your "inactive" secondary weapon DW. Do the same thing on your DW bar: slot a Bow ability there. Again, that specific ability will be worthless to you while dual-wielding, but this ensures that XP still applies to your Bow. That way, you'll never have to worry about which bar to swap to before turning in quests and whatnot.

Hope that helps :)