Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Iron Ore doesn't exist?

bishopgchs_ESO
bishopgchs_ESO
Soul Shriven
I submitted a ticket regarding this but no response thus far, and everyone that I've talked to believes I'm making this up or that I just want someone to farm for me.

So basically, I have a VR account with ~40 Blacksmithing so I know how ores are supposed to behave, and I have my noob account which is currently level 14 with Keen Eye. My noob has explored two maps and found all the Sky Shards for one of them. I've played ~28 hours on the noob thus far (mostly running around for Sky Shards and derping) and I have yet to see a single iron ore. I asked my guild and they said that they had no idea (until one of them threw a fit about how I was crying and too lazy to find iron myself). I tend to stay near the mountainous areas where iron should spawn when exploring but no go. I've checked ~15 guild stores at least three times over the course of the 28 hours without there being any iron ore or ingots in the store. After explaining this that idiot that was accusing me of lying said that I was lying about checking the stores before another person jumped in saying they had iron listed in the store. So I checked once again and there wasn't any. I can understand there not being any within the stores, but not coming across a single iron in 28 hours while vastly exploring two maps with Keen Eye? I'm pretty sure iron isn't meant to be that rare.

Anyone have any insight on this? (Aside from nub too lazy 2 farm himslf want othrs do it 4 him) (Yeah, the other guy irritated me)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron ore is a low-level ore. It's all over the place on the starting island/first game area. Yes, it can be hard to find, but mostly because you have quite a few people vying for the same ore. As you're running around, others are doing the same.

I would highly recommend you go back to the starter island and stick to the area around the boat as most players will have "moved on" from that point. It spawns pretty decently on the beach, near cliffs. The respawn rate is about 3 minutes, so you can make a "wide circle" and should be able to find it pretty easily.

• Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Also depends on the alliance you are in. If you are in the daggerfall alliance there are 2 starter islands that are full of iron ore.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is full of it in the Stonefalls and in Bleackrock/Bal Foyen
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the total amount of ore I use for crafting, I think like maybe 2% comes from gathered ore.
    The vast majority of my crafting mats come from deconstructing crap I find while questing.

I guess my point is, even if you're right and there's some sort of bug keeping iron ore from spawning, there's a much more plentiful way to get Iron.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest issue with iron ore is the way it looks. Specially if you don't have the keen eye passive one it can be hard to find if you don't know what to look for.

The reason is that it looks very different then other ores.
    The ingame look resembles mostly how cow's feces looks like, but copper colored (which also don't make sense to me as it is iron). This is an image of how it looks ingame:

Ironoreveineso.jpg
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ranique wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue with iron ore is the way it looks. Specially if you don't have the keen eye passive one it can be hard to find if you don't know what to look for.

The reason is that it looks very different then other ores.
    The ingame look resembles mostly how cow's feces looks like, but copper colored (which also don't make sense to me as it is iron). This is an image of how it looks ingame:

Ironoreveineso.jpg

Its copper colored because its iron, iron rusts easily turning a reddish brown.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=rusted+iron&biw=1920&bih=1030&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB0QsARqFQoTCPqHsr_Q6sYCFU-OkgodhCsA5g#imgrc=_
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.