Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motifs? How to farm them or even find them?

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
So I see people going on about farming them and finding them easy in places, but I have only found a nord motif on a level 30 quest. I have done most of the delves and searched in every heavy bag, urn, backpack, and still found nothing. I am on ps4 eu and am ebon heart if that helps, and also level 33
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I see people going on about farming them and finding them easy in places, but I have only found a nord motif on a level 30 quest. I have done most of the delves and searched in every heavy bag, urn, backpack, and still found nothing. I am on ps4 eu and am ebon heart if that helps, and also level 33

RNG is RNG.
    It seems you are doing everything right. But it nrequires a bit of luck as well. I have 2 VR1's a level 39 and 4 lowbe's (aka my failed projects, aka mules). In total I had bout 7 motifs.

So get a lucky charm ready and keep trying! one day you might be lucky!!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if ZOS lowered the drop rate to get people to buy them in the crown store.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about buying them?

I got most of the blue in that way.

I've also got Primal and Barbaric with my VR through Cadwell Silver. You just need to be good at stealing
    Edited by Xvorg on July 20, 2015 7:48PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • LordDovakhiin
    I just find buildings and houses with a ton of drawers, desks, cabinets and backpacks and search til I'm bored. That's how I've found most of mine. YouTube has a few good videos for some decent spots, I'd start by searching around on there til you find one in an area you've got unlocked.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't farm them as easily with the Justice system introducing stealing ... pre-justice all you had to do was get to a city bank, loot all containers, cabinets, drawers, log out, rinse repeat

Post-justice system most of my motifs have been found looting containers in the open world.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    You can't farm them as easily with the Justice system introducing stealing ... pre-justice all you had to do was get to a city bank, loot all containers, cabinets, drawers, log out, rinse repeat

Post-justice system most of my motifs have been found looting containers in the open world.

You make it sound as if it is hard to loot containers with stolen items......
    True it takes a lil bit longer, but thats the only additional effort involved.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    OzJohnD wrote: »

You make it sound as if it is hard to loot containers with stolen items......
    True it takes a lil bit longer, but thats the only additional effort involved.

if you used to spam loot in banks (relogging to reset) where there was a guard who ignored you and now says "hey I'll have all that back + a fine thanks" .... its become harder, not impossible but significantly harder than pre-justice

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• youninjabro
    youninjabro
    ✭✭
    I mainly find mine in Urns in dwarven Ruins and Houses that I steal from have given me so many over the time, Guild stores have them Blues starting at around 2K, Barbaric and Primal come from Cadwell Silver same places, Cadwell gold deadric and Old Elf
    VR 14 Templar Daggerfall NA
  • God-eater
    God-eater
    ✭✭
    Of the approx 3 dozen Motif books I've found, all but about two of them have been found in containers inside the Manor at Vulkhul Guard.

Pro-tip - set an Alt there, loot the place, log out, log back in, repeat. Refreshes the containers.

"M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool." - some cat I met on the road
  • Lordklinger
    Most of mine have been while I was stealing in a castle or a bank. Also, if you have access to Coldharbour, then you can loot a lot in the main city. I have found 3 or 4 in that bank alone.
  • Igglez
    Igglez
    ✭✭
    It's much easier to buy the racial ones for 2-3k and farm for the money back than it is specifically searching for them without doing anything else.

I'm VR5 and from just looking in the odd desk ect while questing I found 4 racial motif's and a Dwemer bow motif, which I sold for 20k. Believe most were found during solo fighters guild quest instances.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found two blue motifs looted in the houndsmen fortress in the hours I have been trying to make the Prisoner quest work !