Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bangkorai Quest Bug: Freedom's Chains [Contains Spoiler]

Aeradon
Aeradon
✭✭✭✭✭
After subduing Draven, players are required to meet up with Kerbol, Renoit and Draven in the town hall to decide Draven's fate.

I spoke to Renoit first, choosing to assist him in the dialogues, then proceed to interact with Kerbol and decided to reconsider, choosing dialogues to betray Renoit and assist Kerbol in killing Draven. The quest log then updates to "Kidnap Renoit" - which is bugged cause Renoit can't be interacted with. Renoit then annoyingly followed me everywhere and the option to speak to him is unavailable (unable to reconsider or trigger the dialog where the player convinces him to follow). Brought him up to the mountains where Draven is supposed to spawn and that didn't happen as well.

Tried /reloadui and relogging, both didn't solve the issue. I then abandoned the quest and do everything from the start to see if the bug is a sure fire when one betrays Renoit. It bugged again, proven my point, I abandoned again to redo the whole quest line, this time only spoke to Kerbol at the town hall, and it worked.

The previous time I did this quest was before the patch to fix the bug and make Renoit follow the players consistently after being kidnaped. Back then I could reconsider my options a few times with no problems.

Note to ZoS: Please stop breaking things whenever you "fix" something.
People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • apollopovey
    apollopovey
    Soul Shriven
    Did this yesterday. If you run out of the village and back where you came then he'll stop following you once you enter the tunnel. You can then carry on the quest. However it did glitch again when you ask to 'Think about your choice'