Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change character name ?

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
Hello everyone !
Is there a possibility (maybe via the Crown Store ?) to change the ingame name of one of our characters ?
I created it a bit too hastly, but now my character's too advanced in a few Skills so I don't wanna delete her and create her again with a new name :(
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently there is no way to do this, and to my knowledge ZOS have never said if this is something they're considering .. that said, since ESO these days has become a means of 'driving' Store sales i think it inevitable they will add it some time.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I didn't see it on the Crown Store yet but I thought that maybe I missed something...
    Thanks for the answer then, of course I can live with this character name for now, but if they add it at some point it will be nice !

(and honestly I think they're managing this whole Crown Store quite right, if you compare it to all the free-to-play Korean crap out there it really doesn't seem like ZOS is money-hungry or anything ... for now ;) )
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    In case you are not aware, if your on PS4 other players can not see your character name they will see your PSN name unless you are in a guild. Not sure if same applies to xbox.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually I'm on PC because ... who plays a MMORPG on a console ?? :o
    (just kidding :D )
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Grazzt wrote: »
    Well actually I'm on PC because ... who plays a MMORPG on a console ?? :o
    (just kidding :D )

Until I started reading these forums I had no idea this game had already been released on the P.C I thought it was just console, had I have known I may well have gone for the P.C version. That said console version is not that bad.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • daniel_dabloons
    daniel_dabloons
    Soul Shriven
    Grazzt wrote: »
    (and honestly I think they're managing this whole Crown Store quite right, if you compare it to all the free-to-play Korean crap out there it really doesn't seem like ZOS is money-hungry or anything ... for now ;) )

I agree. I don't have a problem with the crown store at all. I think ZOS has something good going here, as long as they continue to listen to player feedback and don't get too greedy.

That being said, I would definitely like to see this name change feature added as well. I like the idea of adding it into the Crown Store (maybe at a cost of 500-1000 crowns = $5 - $10 USD).

My wife and I play together and her main character's name corresponds with my alt character's name. I'd like to change her name to correspond with my main character's name instead (especially because I rarely play my alt now). LOL Of course, this is not a top priority problem in my life and will not stop us from playing, but if ZOS can make a little extra cash on the side from people like me wanting a name change, then why not go for it?