Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help making second character

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
I was thinking magicka nigh blade so a few things I need help with before making it.
1- is a magic nb good in pvp?

2- if so what's a good race?

3- whats a good weapon choice?

That's pretty much all the info I think I need at the moment, but is it a good idea to get my nb to vet 1 then wait for the update to come out due to xp reasons?
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first question is why you want to make a nightblade.

This might sound a strange question, but classes in ESO are much less important, compared to other MMO's.

It is perfectly possible to make e.g. 4 dragonknights that all 4 are very different in playstyle and role. Just as it is possible to make a dragonknight, a sorcerer, a nightblade and a templar, that are all 4 made to tank (and be good at it).

The reason is that class choice only really matters when min-maxing. most combinations are viable. Some are just more viable then others. That doesn't make something good at all.There are some no go area's cause they simply don't combine, but thats mostly by going after non matching weapons (e.g. running sword/shield + restostaff, it may sound like a strong combo cause of tanking and healing, but cause one scales of weapondamage and the other of spelldamage, it just doesnt work).

The second question is why you want to make a new character?
    Is it cause you want to go through the levelling process again? or is it cause you want something different than your first (and if so what). It is perfectly ok to make a new toon, but knowing why helps in making different choices this time.

Now to answer your questions more directly.

1- is a magic nb good in pvp?
    A: Yes it can be viable.

3- whats a good weapon choice?
    A: As staffs draw from spelldamage and spelldamage is icnreased when you gain more magica, that is better for total damage. But if you have a playstyle that uses mostly skills anyways, it doesn't matter a lot. Also depending on the skills you use, you might want to consider something melee.

2- if so what's a good race?
    A: This is a tuff one. Race and class are the two things you can't change. So the question is how much you want to commit to a certain direction. It is a long way to VR14 and on the road you likely switch build a few times. It also depends on the alliance you want to be in (if you dont have the explorers edition) and if you have access to imperials). If you know for sure you are set on magica, then Altmer, Dunmer and Breton (most of these Altmer) are the ones to go for. But if you want to have the freedom to change later on, then Orc, Khajit and Nord (most of these Nord) are the ones that give more general bonusses for nightblades and/or in general.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Wasent expecting any question but okay first one.

1. My first question is why you want to make a nightblade
    A: I want to make a nighblade because I love to sneak in pvp, you might say any class can sneak but I know nigh blades will do the job way better then my night blade could. The reason I want a magicka nigh blade is because I went down the stamina line with my dragon knigh.

2. The second question is why you want to make a new character?
    A: I have a few reasons for a new character first is new skills to play with. Second I just want to try something new my dragon knight is great im not changing because I don't like it but I always wanted a magic character, sorccer was the character i was going to do for a second but if I can do a nighblade with staffs + great sneaking why not.

You did say you can just make 4 dragon Knights all great at diffrent things, but is it really worth it if I wanted a Templar why not just pick a templar rather then making a dragon knight into a healer?
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering. And yip. I did have a reason for asking.

Nightblade is awesome for sneaking. Specially if you combine it with e.g. a kahjiit. However...from a min-max perspective...sneaking uses stamina. medium armor (stamina armor) is providing boons for sneaking. so a more viable sneaking nightblade is based round stamina and not magica. This means you can't use many of the class skills, but depend more on weaponskills. This doesn't mean that you don't have any advantage of the Nightblade. They have some very important passives that increase critical damage, sneaking and attacks from sneaking. And you don't need to equip skills for them.

"You did say you can just make 4 dragon Knights all great at diffrent things, but is it really worth it if I wanted a Templar why not just pick a templar rather then making a dragon knight into a healer?"

Re: Cause creating a templar takes time. If your group lacks a decent healer, it takes 5 minutes to respec. Levelling up a new toon takes a lot longer. The main point I'm making is that all classes are considered viable at all roles. Some combinations are just more viable then others. A dragonknight healer will do the job fine enough. In the end you can only use one healing skill at a time. the extra skills are nice for having more options, but it doesn't increase the capacity to heal a lot.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU