Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB Builds

kryse
kryse
Soul Shriven
I want my character to be a dual wield DPS stamina type, but i'm confused which race i'm going to use and what skills should i invest in.

What should i chose?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    you want to be a brawler ?

Redguard or Imperial for stam buffs (+ consider werewolf as well)

you want to be a sneaky type ?

Kajhit or Bosmer for sneak buffs (+ consider vampire for night sneak buffs)

Just my opinion, you can be any race really.

Skills ... you need to play a while, you are not committed from your first day. You also need to do a bit of wandering on the net, eg, Deltias gaming, Tamrielfoundry
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Khajiits make strong stealth builds, and have improved crit and sneak over other races. Strong choice for the archetypical assassin build. Bosmers are a good second choice for this role, but both Bosmer and Khajiit lack some of the stamina buffs you might want in a stamina build.

Imperials and red guards are excellent choices for stamina builds. Strong stamina regen. Your crit will suffer and you won't be as sneaky, but your prolonged damage output and survivabilty will likely increase as stamina builds tend to have lots of choices regarding block and roll defense and high pressure offense.

Skills and stats for a NB are hard to mess up. Try to always include a gap closer, a basic spam dps skill with the best cost to damage ratio, an execute to finish of opponents, and a few utilities for your belt. Self heals from the siphon line, mark target to cut your opponents defense, ways to stun/slow your opponents are all strong choices. It's really up to you to pick skills that fit how you play and what style you fight.

Had to edit this: ultimate choices are pretty wide open, but strongly consider soul harvest. Incredible ultimate with a heal debuff and low cost. It will be up a lot allowing you to punch out a lot of damage.

One of the best things about Elder Scrolls games is the freedom. If you want to follow a build, so be it. There might be one out there for you. But there is a lot to be said for experimentation. Once your race and class is set, it's always possible to change things in your build later. Respec's are expensive, but possible so you can always undue decisions you don like. While you level up, try different skills and abilities and see what they can do for you. I had a completely set build for my NB until a freind mentioned how useful and cool the summon shade ability was.... Now it is on my bow bar all the time morphed to Shadow Image. So fun to drive enemies crazy when they just can't see to pin you down ;) . With some experimentation you might be surprised what abilities you are able to use better than others, or that are just more fun to play with.

As said above, looking at builds and theorycrafting sites never hurts. I don't discourage this at all either. Deltia's is really great for builds and ideas. You can always take one you see there and tweak it to to fit you as well.
    Edited by JJBaboon on July 20, 2015 6:11AM
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    you want to be a brawler ?

Redguard or Imperial for stam buffs (+ consider werewolf as well)

you want to be a sneaky type ?

Kajhit or Bosmer for sneak buffs (+ consider vampire for night sneak buffs)

Just my opinion, you can be any race really.

Skills ... you need to play a while, you are not committed from your first day. You also need to do a bit of wandering on the net, eg, Deltias gaming, Tamrielfoundry

Vampire is overall movement speed buff while in stealth all the time. The night thing is for going into stealth near instantly only.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget vampire, too relient on magicka

Basically pick any you like, I went Templar, you lose some passives due to them being for sword and board ... Redguard would have been better .

Pack your stamina and if you fancy use were wolf for the stamina passive
  • kryse
    kryse
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help i'm sure i'll find my own build while experimenting :smile: