Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif rarity and prices?

maXmood
maXmood
does the same level/rarity coloring apply on motifs? i've got the Imperial (gold), and i'm not sure if that means it's legendary item, or is it that color because it belongs to a different race from my character..

also, talking about console (xbox one), what are the prices for those motifs (looking to sell), and are there any traders i can list the items at (away from the guild i'm in, so the general public can see and purchase)?

thanks
Knowledge is Power

Best Answers

• Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial is a legendary drop. I've only received one of them, and probably 10+ of each of the blue motifs. The dwemmer purple motif only drops in dwemmer ruins.
    Answer ✓
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is of one kind, that is, gold. Not special as the Imperial crafting form can be bought in-game with 5000 crowns, but good if you don't want to spend cash.

On Xbox there is no server-wide auction house, only Guild Stores where you set your own price for a listing fee.

I don't know what its worth on the console servers but if you are willing to pay the listing fee, aim high and see what happens. Have a look at a few Guild vendors and see if its listed and if so, list yours just below that listing price.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    All of the motifs have a fixed rarity. All of the standard races are blue. Imperial is legendary. The remainder are purple. Dwemmer is split into multiple books.

There is no public auction house. You need to join a guild that has a guild store. You may belong to 5 guilds at the same time.
    Answer ✓
  • maXmood
    maXmood
    Tessie wrote: »
    Imperial is a legendary drop. I've only received one of them, and probably 10+ of each of the blue motifs. The dwemmer purple motif only drops in dwemmer ruins.

does that mean there are no (blue/purple) motif of Imperial? so it's automatically legendary item, and a very rare one? it says level 10 i think. does that make it really special?

is there any public trader where i can list my item (like an auction house)?

thanks
    Knowledge is Power
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    There is no blue or purple Imperial motif. It always drops as a legendary.

There is no public auction house. One of the problems with the Imperial motif, that makes it less valuable than you may expect is that anyone who purchased the Imperial edition can automatically craft them on Imperial characters. Also, any character on an Imperial edition account can convert any crafted item to have the Imperial appearance.

So, while it has a rare drop rate, and is considered legendary, it may not be worth as much as you're hoping. The good news is that some people who's primary crafter isn't Imperial, may wish to buy the motif in order to unlock the achievement.
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    You should join a guild to sell it on a Guild Store, i can send an invite your way so you can sell it on our guild store, through our guild trader :)...

I believe it might still fetch a pretty price, even if its part of the imperial edition and any imperial character can already craft in the motif. there are still people that bought the base game and don't want to spend to much real cash on the game :)

You just have to try it out, aim high at first, and if it takes to long, go lower, just to give you some direction, most blue motifs are selling for around 2-4k depending on the store and the motfi , i've seen in the beginning they would go for 8k but i think those times are over ;)...

Drop your gamertag here and i'll send you an invite to the guild.

EDIT PS: we are EU megaserver!
    Edited by DuroNL on July 20, 2015 9:46AM
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador