The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE caves in Cydrodiil stuck in them for 10-20 minutes

deplorable
deplorable
✭✭
Once you're in the cave within cydrodiil you can be stuck there due to the poor design of the queue system. Is this intentional, or is it just a failure to incorporate PvE and PvP onto the same map, that you take the person from their place... even though you give them a "choice" and can't let them return back.

You can't leave Cyrodiil either without going to a wayshrine, so you're stuck trying to leave the cave and hope you get through the queue.

Seriously is this just stupidty on the developers part or an oversight?

i'd submit a ticket but i tried that, and that caused an error as well *shakes head*
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose this is to ensure the PvP element stays balanced with numbers of players instead of losing groups to long term small PvE zones. But you are right, to have no way to escape to outside Cyrodil if you actually don't want to go back there is going to be a challenge.

I wonder how this is going to work when people are forced to go via Cyrodil to the new Imperial City expansion zones
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here !

I found one solution for if you really want to leave the delve; Travel to your (less populated) guest campaign. Ofcourse your guest campaign wont always be less populated but in my case I could almost instantly travel to it. From there you can use wayshrines etc.
    I understand why zos made it like this, indeed to keep the pvp element balanced.

I think it works like this: If you are "too long" in a delve (for grinding etc) you will get kicked out cyrodill and have to reroll.

Solution: Once "kicked out" you have to be able to travel to a wayshrine outside of cyrodill. This way you can leave the delve and queu again if you want to enter cyrodill again. Ofcourse you can also queu by trying to open your door delve if you want to get specifically to the delve exit location.
    Options