Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Veteran here

Tyraelx
Tyraelx
Once you hit Veteran rank 1, is it best to use armor you get from drops in order to save mats or should you be crafting your own armor? It also seems that there is no difference between Ebony armor and Calcinium armor.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difference between calcinium and ebony is the level. calcinium is for VR1-3 and ebony for level 45-50.
    They can have simular stats if you compare e.g. a green eboy armor piece with a calcinium white armorpiece.

I would say at veteran rank it is better to craft armor and go for sets. Also consider going a notch up in colour (e.g. till VR I used green armor and switched to blue at VR1). The reason for this is cause veteran rank progression goes slower, while difference is more or less the same (e.g. a VR2 foe compared to a VR1 foe is bout as much stronger as a lvl 45 foe is compared to a lvl 44 foe, but the amount of content you have to play to gain such an advantage is 10 times as high.

So in short. Cause you will be using veteran rank armor longer, it is recommendable to get better crafted sets.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Tyraelx
    Tyraelx
    I compared a white calcinium armor piece to a white ebony armor piece and they had the same armor value, the only difference that I saw was that ebony and calcinium had their respective levels at which they can be used. Am I missing something when it comes to these two types of armors?

Also, is there an easy way to get dwarven oil? I need it to make my heavy armor blue. What I have so far, I've gotten from deconstructing blue armor drops.

Thank you for your help!!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwarven oil from refining ore with maxed decon skill points, from hirelings, from deconstruction of blue loots, and crafting writs ... and from Guild stores at potentially inflated prices

remember you can reduce your need for the oils by maximising your skill points in Temper Expertise
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 21, 2015 1:19AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Lordklinger
    At VR1 both armors are identical. The only advantage to choosing Cal. is that you are able to enchant your armor with VR1-3 enchantments and you don't have to use as many mats. Personally, I have not seen a need for crafting blue armor yet. I am currently at VR3 and have been soloing content with ease.