Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't know how I got vampirism?

logiikz214
So I looked at my active effects and some how it says I have vampirism. I never got bit at least not that I remember. Can some one explain how this happened. I am ok with it because that's what I wanted to get bit. Just weird that I don't remember getting bit.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Either another player bit you if you spent any time at the vampire shrine (although this is quite obvious when it happens unless you were afk), or you inadvertanly fought a mob called a Bloodfiend, which are the only mobs in the game that can transmit vampirism when they hit you. These are the only 2 ways to contract it.
  • logiikz214
    Might have been afk because I know how it looks when one gets bit. Now I saw some ppl in reapers marsh when I was looking for lore books and they were like maybe 15 ppl and they were all vampires. Is that where the vamp shrine is at? I recall looking at someone getting bit but then I left. So it might have been from a blood fiend. How can a bloodfiend transmit it? Is it that same as when ppl bite another player?
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    No, when a Bloodfiend transmits it, it is just through normal combat strikes. There is no special combat animation or anything to indicate the bite was transmitted. When a player bites you it looks quite different.

Read this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/87558/vampire-walkthrough-by-lex-talionis

It should give you all the info you really need about it.
  • logiikz214
    Ah got it thanks.