Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to figure out what I should do, but I am confused.

Soafee
Soafee
✭✭✭
New player here. I'm trying to figure out what I would like and I'm a bit confused on the way things work with characters in game.

I enjoy playing a healer but would like to be able to quest with out dying a lot. Which class would you suggest I try in game? Is one of them a hybrid class that can heal but do decent dps while soloing? How do I make them? What would you suggest?

Do you think I would have more fun with a pure healing class with spells? Which one does that?

I like the Imperials, I have the white horse that fits perfectly but I don't understand the class selection I guess? Could use some help. Thank you!
Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and one more thing. If I skip the tutorial, how do I get weapons in the beginning?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    Oh and one more thing. If I skip the tutorial, how do I get weapons in the beginning?

If you skip the prison, you still get a few weapons starting gear. You'll just have no money. Also, since you can't skip it until the second playthrough, hopefully your first character can help gear your new character.

And any healer can solo 1-50 content. Just mix in some other skills when you are soloing. Save the 100% heals loadout for when you are with a group.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Are they in my inventory? I made a mage and skipped the tutorial and I had nothing, I was using my fists. LOL
    driosketch wrote: »

If you skip the prison, you still get a few weapons starting gear. You'll just have no money. Also, since you can't skip it until the second playthrough, hopefully your first character can help gear your new character.

And any healer can solo 1-50 content. Just mix in some other skills when you are soloing. Save the 100% heals loadout for when you are with a group.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are they in my inventory? I made a mage and skipped the tutorial and I had nothing, I was using my fists. LOL

Yes, you should also have a box with an armor piece in it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :smile:

Yes, you should also have a box with an armor piece in it.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New player here. I'm trying to figure out what I would like and I'm a bit confused on the way things work with characters in game.

I enjoy playing a healer but would like to be able to quest with out dying a lot. Which class would you suggest I try in game? Is one of them a hybrid class that can heal but do decent dps while soloing? How do I make them? What would you suggest?
    If you would like to heal, choose a Templar. (My character is a Redguard Templar, healing focused, and I enjoy it very much) They have one skill-line focused on healing, whilst two others more focused on dealing damage (one more melee, one more ranged focused). And of course you can use any weapon of your choice too.
    Do you think I would have more fun with a pure healing class with spells? Which one does that?
    The way the game is set up mechanical wise, it's usually preferable to focus on either magicka or stamina, not so much both. To that end if you'd like to be a heal (which uses Magicka for skills) you would be best served when dealing damage to focus on skills that also use magicka too. Of course there are exceptions, but that is the general rule.
    I like the Imperials, I have the white horse that fits perfectly but I don't understand the class selection I guess? Could use some help. Thank you!
    Class selection for the most part is primarily for flavour. Each race has a couple of passives that can help a little in some areas of combat/game-play, but they will not make or break any type of character class you want to play. If you like the Imperials then have your character as an Imperial!
    If you can be anything, be kind.