Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP questions

Kozer
Kozer
✭✭✭
So I have tried my hand at some PvP and have had a blast. But I do have some questions about it.

The battle I am in is Hestra and I think its a non-vet.

Does that mean that as soon as I hit Vet rank I lose the ability to play in this battle? And if that happens I am forced into a vet one right? So will I just get destroyed by max level people?

Also how do these champion points I keep hearing work? And how do I tell if I have any?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will start earning Champion Points when your character reaches Veteran Rank 1. These points are account bound, so once you earn them all your characters will have access to them. For example, if you have 10 champion points, all your characters will be able to allocate 10 champion points in their champion tree.

Gaining experience playing veteran characters also goes to Champion Point gains. You will have an extra experience bar that fills up under your normal bar that indicating Champion Point experience. Its colour represents which major star sign (mage, thief or warrior) you are currently earning a champion point for. It will all become clear once you start earning them, it's very simple.

You can find out more information on the Champion Point System HERE.

When your character reaches Veteran Rank 1 they will be unable to battle in any non-veteran campaigns, yes. You character will be 'battle leveled' in the veteran campaigns, to try to give you some sort of chance.

Edited by Rev Rielle on July 18, 2015 2:31PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Kozer
    Kozer
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    You will start earning Champion Points when your character reaches Veteran Rank 1. These points are account bound, so once you earn them all your characters will have access to them. For example, if you have 10 champion points, all your characters will be able to allocate 10 champion points in their champion tree.

Gaining experience playing veteran characters also goes to Champion Point gains. You will have an extra experience bar that fills up under your normal bar that indicating Champion Point experience. Its colour represents which major star sign (mage, thief or warrior) you are currently earning a champion point for. It will all become clear once you start earning them, it's very simple.

You can find out more information on the Champion Point System HERE.

When your character reaches Veteran Rank 1 they will be unable to battle in any non-veteran campaigns, yes. You character will be 'battle leveled' in the veteran campaigns, to try to give you some sort of chance.

Thank you for the reply. I take it there is no way to stop xp gains to stay in a campaign?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Kozer wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. I take it there is no way to stop xp gains to stay in a campaign?

Nope, there is no way to currently stop gaining XP.