Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auctions Houses PLEASE ESO!!!!!

Headberg2174
ESO really needs to put Auction houses in this game. This Guild Trader thing is annoying and makes no sense. I mean everybody just sells stuff at the Market Place or Crafting Areas. I get really good drops sometimes and I have to stand around and advertise my goods like a prostitute. Some guilds take a long time to get a Guild Trader. So please put in an Auction House.
The Bible: The Best Fantasy Novel I ever read.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Zenimax has no intention of ever implementing an auction house, or even allowing trading on this forum. For these reasons, I created a multi-platform ESO trading site several months ago. I'd appreciate a sign-up, but everyone is more than welcome to post as a guest. We are gaining new members and more traffic every day, mostly from console players. The links are in my signature below. If you can't see my signature, here is the link: ESO Trade
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that link I'll never click... but yes we need an auction house.
    For the Horde!
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal10957 wrote: »
    Thanks for that link I'll never click... but yes we need an auction house.

If you don't want to make use of the services provided to you for free that Zenimax refuses to, that's on you. Enjoy running between 100 different guild traders in 20 zones trying to find the items you want.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never going to happen - Jason Leavey on a ESOlive
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They literally just need to let everyone sell on the guild traders markets. Let guilds earn taxes off of items sold by non-guild members. Boom everyone's happy. Blocking people from the economy is a terrible way to force people into guilds. Honestly no game mechanic should be designed to force people into a guild. If a guild can't keep members itself it doesn't deserve to exist.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• lsneakl
    lsneakl
    ✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    They literally just need to let everyone sell on the guild traders markets. Let guilds earn taxes off of items sold by non-guild members. Boom everyone's happy. Blocking people from the economy is a terrible way to force people into guilds. Honestly no game mechanic should be designed to force people into a guild. If a guild can't keep members itself it doesn't deserve to exist.

Exactly

Guilds should be able to tax and you can sell everywhere.

Also my idea has been guilds could put up a buying option so you could sell it to the guild and then they relist it. They set the price then and can make some good profit on this resale option.
    Edited by lsneakl on July 18, 2015 1:49PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest a different course of action.

Rather than standing in the crafting and market areas trying to find someone to buy your goods, use that time and location to find a guild with a guild trader. Check the forums here trade guilds. If you are just a casual trader, find one that is good for casual traders and does not get uptight about people not keeping 30 items for sale at all times. Find out where they have traders and if they have plans to change that.

Do this and find a trade guild that fits the way you want to trade. You can have up to 5 guilds, so try out two or three different trade guilds with kiosks and drop the ones you don't like. You do not need to interact with the people in the guild, or even acknowledge that they exist.

You now have a venue to buy and sell and you can do it from any bank. If you find yourself one or more trade guilds with a variety of items in the guild store, this is the go to place when you want to buy something. No need to run from kiosk to kiosk or stand around pleading for someone to sell you something. Buy it from your guild. Yes, you can still shop at kiosks, particularly the ones I use :smile: , and buy stuff.

The main advantage to the kiosk over standing in the market or crafting area is that you are in contact with more people for a longer period of time and have a better chance to sell. You lose the ability to negotiate over price and the chance to convince people to buy something they don't need for too much gold, but you gain the knowledge of what similar items are being listed for and what they are selling at.

When you want to buy something, you do not have to hope that someone is around that can sell it to you. The guild kiosks are open all the time, even when other players are not around. While it is necessary to travel to the guild kiosk or bank, it is also necessary to travel to the market or crafting area to try and find a player that will sell.

I also want to point out that dealing with the traders eliminates the "I am short on gold" types that want to buy something but just have to go steal and fence something or stop at the bank first because they don't have the money. It also eliminates any exploits that might be possible in the direct trading part of the game.

The reason that this is better than a global auction house is the smaller footprint. As a seller, kiosk customers vary by location. Some kiosks sell high end materials for more money because a lot of rich players frequent the area. You can target your customer and get more money simply because the price people are willing to pay is higher. If you encounter a guild that has prices that you feel are simply too high, or the market is saturated, having more than one guild trader may allow you to sell your wares in one guild while people in the other guild are not. Global auction houses are convenient, but there is only one price that sells, and that is the lowest one on the entire server for that auction house.

For the buyer, the situation is the same but from the other perspective. People complain about running around, but not all guild traders are the same and they do not sell the same items at the same price. Lower end materials and items that are not popular can sell for different prices and the smart buyers can find those places. Sometimes, the next kiosk over is that place. The global auction house is the best way to get the lowest current price, since that is the only thing, but the size of the customer base means that any deals that do get posted to the auction house vanish instantly. Guild traders have a smaller simultaneous customer base so low price deals hang around longer.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus