Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What DK abilities are useful in PVP?

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I'm only level 15 atm, but my char has good survivability, it's just I'm not using the right abilities/ at the right time, my sword and shield feel useless for killing. My stats are, Magicka 15694, Health 30904, Stamina 16354 and Physical Resistance without buff is 9620 spell resist without is 8570, with it is 12770 for spell and 13820 for Physical, am i doing alright stat wise? I am hard to kill, I use 2h as my other weapon, so my bars are
Bar 1 Brawler, Volatile Armor, Obsidian Shard, Critical Rush, Reverse Slash, Dragon Leap
Bar 2 Unstable Flame, Volatile Armor, Low Slash, Shield Charge, Fiery Grip
Bar 2 is mostly incomplete, I hope to add Entropy and Dragon Blood, and Lava Whip to replace VA LS and FG.
Is it the fact I cant heal? My battles are longer than they are on my NB, but they feel more rewarding, but if a group comes up to me I last a while but panic and waste my pools. I also haven't delved into passives that much. I also hope to swap Obsidian Shard for petrify, for a better CC. I'm also spending time in stealth... Which I really don't want to do as a DK.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I also go five heavy, two light.
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    I prefer the DK standard (morphed to Standard of Might) as my ultimate. I know that when It drops I become a killing machine and it also makes you a lot tougher to kill. The dragon leap does surprisingly little damage for me.
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Sozzy Will probably respec once I've got the core of my build down. It's a better option than my others I just realized, as I get a health, magicka and stam regen based upon the cost of the ult, so I will use that now. What did you use as your other?
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stamina based also, Imperial.
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    The skills I have at the moment:
    Bar 1: Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames, Flame Lash, Ransack, Inferno and Standard of Might ultimate. On a One hand and shield
    Bar 2: Scorched Earth, Flame Lash, Petrify, Entropy, Engulfing Flames and Take Flight ultimate. That's on a bow which I'm training.
    I normally use a destruction staff though instead of a bow with destructive clench( OP with a ice or flame staff).
    PS4 EU
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    The interesting part is your stats though. I'm a level 38 Orc but I only have 7710 Magicka, 9983 Health and 9045 Stamina with 8524 physical and spell resistance. How are my stats so much lower than yours when I'm 23 levels higher?
    PS4 EU
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Sozzy That was in cyrodiil :p Oh and would obsidian shield be a good idea to replace volatile armor? or should I keep it? I wanna try throw some more fiery based attacks in there. Is entropy needed? How many books will I need to find to get to it (rank 4 mages guild), Hey we're on the same faction, perhaps we could pvp together some time. Know of any DK guilds? I like their lore and background. Might start one if there isn't one. What's better than a DK? Multiple DKs.
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    Oh right I haven't actually been to Cyrodil yet, trying to complete the story before I go doing PvP. I haven't actually used Obsidian Shield as it does look more like a group/ PvP thing. Entropy has been a bit of a disappointment to be honest, almost ready to morph it though so hoping it's got a good morph. The Mages Guild takes ages to level up unless you go book hunting with a map from online. For fiery attacks, I'm a big fan of Burning Embers due to its healing and good damage. Engulfing Flames is also a good spell if you're dealing with multiple enemies and gives you a fire buff. As for a DK guild, sure I'd join that.
    PS4 EU
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Sozzy I advise popping into the Blackwater Blade campaign and doing the tutorial, a bit of bonus XP, I think it gives two skill points or one, not sure. If I'm correct our faction is winning but AD have one keep surrounding the main city, so that's an issue.
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    So isn't it tough being a level 15 there surrounded by veteran ranks and such?
    PS4 EU
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Sozzy It's a non vet campaign and you get a massive health stamina and magicka boost, take a look at your stats when you go in. You'll have a blast. Doing the tutorial helps too. There is also a TON of sky shards located in cyrodiil.