Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire or Werewolf?

alawther93
I was wondering what abilities you gain from becoming from either a Vampire or a Werewolf. What is the better choice?

If anyone is willing to the infect me please add my Xbox One GT, IzR REPSOL RzI.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily find a list of the abilities just by googling it:

Vamp Skills:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vampire+Skills

Werewolf Skills:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Werewolf+Skills

The better choice is up to you. I prefer vamps, although they are incredibly vulnerable to fire damage. (I'm on PC, so sorry, can't bite you.)
    Edited by NovaMarx on July 17, 2015 8:19AM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alawther93 wrote: »
    I was wondering what abilities you gain from becoming from either a Vampire or a Werewolf. What is the better choice?

If anyone is willing to the infect me please add my Xbox One GT, IzR REPSOL RzI.

It's a simple thing, stamina build werewolf, magic build vampire
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina based builds, the werewolf is always the better choice. the cons are small and the stamina boost is big.
    cons for werewolf are: the need to bring the ultimate on your skillbar. When using the ultimate (which is pretty good for dps to be honest) you are vulnarable for poison damage.

The vampire is a lil bit more complex. It has two important pro's. The first is a life drain skill. It damages your foe, heals you, and the foe is stunned for the duration of the skill. You dont need to use the vampire ultimate for this.
    The second pro is a big magica and stamina boost.
    The cons is that you are a lot more vulnerable to fire damage (all the time, the intensity depends on your vampirsm stage, which is controlled by feeding, but it is atleast 40% more damage from firedamage. The second is -25% to -75% health regen (depending on the stage again).
    The fire weakness can be solved by playing as a dunmer (they have a racial passive that increases fire resistance, countering the weakness to fire). The lesser health regen is solved by the life drain skill (cause that heals you).

As the cons are bigger for a vampire, stamina users go typically for werewolf. making vampire a magica dps glasscanon
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends very much on your build and what content you want to do. In many cases werewolf will be better as it passivly increases your stamina recovery without any disadvantages.
    In PvP vampirism can be usefull, especially if you are a Templar or Dragonknight since Mistform helps a lot with repositioning or disengaging.
  • alawther93
    Ranique wrote: »
    For stamina based builds, the werewolf is always the better choice. the cons are small and the stamina boost is big.
    cons for werewolf are: the need to bring the ultimate on your skillbar. When using the ultimate (which is pretty good for dps to be honest) you are vulnarable for poison damage.

The vampire is a lil bit more complex. It has two important pro's. The first is a life drain skill. It damages your foe, heals you, and the foe is stunned for the duration of the skill. You dont need to use the vampire ultimate for this.
    The second pro is a big magica and stamina boost.
    The cons is that you are a lot more vulnerable to fire damage (all the time, the intensity depends on your vampirsm stage, which is controlled by feeding, but it is atleast 40% more damage from firedamage. The second is -25% to -75% health regen (depending on the stage again).
    The fire weakness can be solved by playing as a dunmer (they have a racial passive that increases fire resistance, countering the weakness to fire). The lesser health regen is solved by the life drain skill (cause that heals you).

As the cons are bigger for a vampire, stamina users go typically for werewolf. making vampire a magica dps glasscanon

Do you know how I could acquire these abilities?
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    One comment here made it seem as though you have the werewolf ult on your bar for the stamina effect to be there. Am i accurate in reading that or did i read it wrong. I thought the stamina boost was always there no matter what.
  • alawther93
    qpviper1qp wrote: »
    One comment here made it seem as though you have the werewolf ult on your bar for the stamina effect to be there. Am i accurate in reading that or did i read it wrong. I thought the stamina boost was always there no matter what.

Do you know how I could acquire the Werewolf Abilities?
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭

It's always on, that's why the meta is that unless you are dead set on being a vamp, you go WW. 15% Stam regen without any negatives. If you don't want to be a WW you can just never use the Ult or level up the WW skill line and still benefit from the Stam regen. Even magicka based characters can use it for more dodge rolls/stun breaks/blocks.
    Edited by Aerathnor on July 17, 2015 12:45PM
  • alawther93
    Aerathnor wrote: »

It's always on, that's why the meta is that unless you are dead set on being a vamp, you go WW. 15% Stam regen without any negatives. If you don't want to be a WW you can just never use the Ult or level up the WW skill line and still benefit from the Stam regen. Even magicka based characters can use it for more dodge rolls/stun breaks/blocks.

Would you be able to bite me? (Xbox One)
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    Aerathnor wrote: »

Would you be able to bite me? (Xbox One)

My bites are currently only going to guildies and the next one (tomorrow) is already spoken for. That would put you a week out and you'd likely be able to find one in that time.

If you're looking for a guild and are playing EP you could message me in game (Noob sa1bot) and I'll toss you an invite and you can either wait for a bite or possibly find another person with one.
  • DXCortEX
    DXCortEX
    ✭✭

Do you know how I could acquire the Werewolf Abilities?

You need to get attacked by very specific werewolves found only in the high level zones of each alliances (Reapers march, rift, Bangkorai) and they only appear as a pair, randomly, on certain nights. I was lucky enough to get two characters bit by the same WW before a bunch of vets ganked them. Some people go around killing them so they have a monopoly on selling WW bites.
    You can also go hang at the WW shrine of your alliance, some people bite for free (someone did for me on EP, randomly). But, and i mean it, never buy a bite by giving the money upfront.

Edit: Also, theres a thread specificaly for that: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181400/xbox-one-na-seeking-offering-vampire-or-werewolf-bite#latest
    Edited by DXCortEX on July 17, 2015 7:08PM
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp for solo play and survivability..

WW for group play.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington