Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TIRED of the FIRE

Ethromelb14_ESO
Ethromelb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Many of the players I run with are asking the same question... "Why is there so much fire in the game?" I mean really - Where is the variety? Perhaps there needs to be more poison, or ice, or lightning, but enough with the fire on almost every single boss or dungeon. It also comes across like the developers focused on exploiting all of a vampires weaknesses, but none of their strengths. It seems very biased to me, or too obviously deliberate.
Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want them to focus more on vampire strengths - so more scantily clad virgin bosses? :wink:

Though seriously in western culture fire does have a relatively strong association with evil. So it tends to get used a lot with fantasy antagonists.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of the players I run with are asking the same question... "Why is there so much fire in the game?" I mean really - Where is the variety? Perhaps there needs to be more poison, or ice, or lightning, but enough with the fire on almost every single boss or dungeon. It also comes across like the developers focused on exploiting all of a vampires weaknesses, but none of their strengths. It seems very biased to me, or too obviously deliberate.

i'd settle for buffing the damage on ice and shock and altering the way fire staffs work, like "melting" armor.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get through vet dungeons that are full of fire by popping Harness Magicka on my vamp. Saves my butt more times than I can remember. Though I do succumb to fire an awful lot, just ask any group I've run with.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The flames of war.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is not enough fire and the constant nerfings to fire graphics effects are one of the greatest tragedies in the history of TESO.

/goes and plays with matches in a corner. :'(
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More fire!
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cause fire damage deal extra damage and most players don't wanna have to go through all the junk to make frost or shock attacks any good specially when you do they don't do much. Frost snares for a tiny but while shock does little splash damage aposed to fire which can deal alot of damage specially to vampire players since that is what half the player base is. Plus fire touch from destruction skill line not only deals massive damage it knocks players back again apsoed to frost which slows down alittle bit and shck dealing little to no splash damage. Plus again DKs passive in adrent fire boost flame attacks so that's even more damage to fire.

So long story short frost and shock basicly fall far and hard cause they don't offer the same amount of damage as fire does and onyl way to make them valid choices in my opinion is to boost there damage and secondary effect such as the snare and splash damage deal more and make the like skyrims frost and shock of draining magicka and stamina. That way players have to choose to either try to litteraly melt them with fire or drain there stamina to not block or roll dodge and to hinder physical DPS or shock to take out groups of players and to of course hinder magical DPS. So frost and shock would be more tuned to a specific role while fire still be a general all purpose thing but frost and shock wont be collecting dust as much. Cause say you wanna take out this NB that's ganking inbetween keeps use a frost shock combo to drain his stamina and magicka so they can roll or use clock.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on July 17, 2015 5:22AM
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering the Diablo-like enemies you face from Oblivion, it does make sense most of them make use of fire spells, in my opinion.
    PBpsy wrote: »
    There is not enough fire and the constant nerfings to fire graphics effects are one of the greatest tragedies in the history of TESO.

Hilariously enough, the Inferno Staff is the only one out of the four I haven't seen the update in animations for yet. Were they changed post the first major nerf in its animations for 1.1.X?

So far, I like the changes with the Lightning Staff the best. But I don't like the Ice Staff or Restoration Staff changes. I can tell they were all done for first-person view, but they look awkward now in third-person, and I feel like combat still looks and feels very clunky, animation-wise. Makes me wonder if they plan on changing the FX again for staves with Update 7, though.

The last I saw of it, Elemental Wall looked awful:

WallofElementseffect_zpsd7eaefcb.jpg
    Edited by Korozenn on July 17, 2015 5:40AM
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer no elements to staffs and the actual sorceror skills be able to morph to elements, that way you could have mixed effects or full on fire/ice/shock and make the sorceror somewhat more attractive.

Peed me off when i saw the sorceror was basically a walking car battery and everyone could be a mage just needing to use whichever staff.

Mind you i came up with Mage's being the guys who hurled huge balls of fire around or ice/shock depending on skills they took (PnP gamer originally)
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because
    simpsons-fire.gif
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Korozenn wrote: »
    Considering the Diablo-like enemies you face from Oblivion, it does make sense most of them make use of fire spells, in my opinion.
    PBpsy wrote: »

Hilariously enough, the Inferno Staff is the only one out of the four I haven't seen the update in animations for yet. Were they changed post the first major nerf in its animations for 1.1.X?

So far, I like the changes with the Lightning Staff the best. But I don't like the Ice Staff or Restoration Staff changes. I can tell they were all done for first-person view, but they look awkward now in third-person, and I feel like combat still looks and feels very clunky, animation-wise. Makes me wonder if they plan on changing the FX again for staves with Update 7, though.

The last I saw of it, Elemental Wall looked awful:

WallofElementseffect_zpsd7eaefcb.jpg

It never used to look like thay. It had reallt sweet looking flames that burnt the ground until it's time ended. Sadly they removed it cuz it was screwing up low end machines......
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    You want them to focus more on vampire strengths - so more scantily clad virgin bosses? :wink:

Ummm....that'd be great! Would make being killed by one a lot easier to take.

I really need to go outside..........
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)