Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New faction when hitting lvl 50 - Continue to be in the old group?

B-Flores
B-Flores
Soul Shriven
Hi I'm pretty new to this game, and hope if I post my question in the right forum section.

I understand that you get to play in another alliance faction once you hit lvl 50 and completed the main story.
My question is. If you and your friend both get to lvl 50 and complete the main story to move on to the new alliance faction to begin on veteran lvl, can you still go and "do quests" (not main story of course) in a regular group like you did when first started to play on low lvl? I must point out I'm not talking about group like in a dungeon, trial, Cyrodiil PVP etc. just regular quest like those you can share with a group.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually change factions, you just get to play their quests. They work exactly the same way as your own alliance's quests, so yes, you can group like you did before if you both have access to veteran areas.
  • B-Flores
    B-Flores
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the fast answer.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.
    Your character doesn't actually change factions; rather you are gifted the ability to "experience" the other factions quest lines. You can still return to your home faction towns, and hang out with your friends and go back and do quests you missed and such.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • B-Flores
    B-Flores
    Soul Shriven
    I see. So in other words, it's actually just on another area of the map which belong to the other alliances?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Championofold
    On this note if a friend is in another alliance and you go there at veteran rank can you then group with them for dungeons ect?

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    On this note if a friend is in another alliance and you go there at veteran rank can you then group with them for dungeons ect?

Nope, you can't. The alliances are really separated and you only gain access to copies of the map.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Nope, you can't. The alliances are really separated and you only gain access to copies of the map.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons is planned for the future, however.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭

Are you sure? I saw someone with 'Pact Hero' under there name outside Elden Root. Or has this person completed the Ebonheart Pact quest as well as Dominion?
    Edited by SedoUmbra on August 23, 2015 2:30AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SedoUmbra wrote: »

Are you sure? I saw someone with 'Pact Hero' under there name outside Elden Root. Or has this person completed the Ebonheart Pact quest as well as Dominion?

Yeah they've completed the Pact storyline per Rosveen's answer in post #2.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you get is to play through the story as if you had picked another faction it's a bit of a let down as you just swap factions people still call you soul less and you get to betray your own faction. But you have to do it for skill points and xp