Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to ESO, vet to MMO's. New player here (PS4) with a few questions :)

Mustidious
Greetings everyone. I have a few questions to this very captivating MMO...

Group Dungeons, what level do you get access to one?
How is group healing on PS4? Difficult?
At level cap, how is the end game content for both PVE and PVP? I love me some PVP.
I made an Orc Templar, and am going down the Dual Wield DPS path. Is this a good choice as my first character?

Thanks for taking time to read / answer my questions.
Mustidious - Orc Templar [DC] PS4
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    You can start dungeons from when you get to your first city.

If there is a good healer then no, group healing is not difficult.

Other 2 I am not sure about.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q: Group Dungeons, what level do you get access to one?
    A: They are scaled to the level of the groupleader, but to gain access you need to be a certain level. The minimum for the first three is level 10: http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:Group_Dungeons

Q:How is group healing on PS4? Difficult?
    A: I don't really know how it is on the PS4, on the PC it is pretty good. Specially cause there are some strong AoE-heals.

Q: At level cap, how is the end game content for both PVE and PVP? I love me some PVP.
    A: PvP is good. PvE is very limited at the moment. The game is very much linear. At max level you have a few trials you can grind and some achievements to grind, but it is fairly small.There is a DLC announced that will improve this a bit and now tamriel unlimited is launched and the console is here, I suspect that we can see more of them in the near future.

Q: I made an Orc Templar, and am going down the Dual Wield DPS path. Is this a good choice as my first character?
    A: Healing and dual wield is a wierd combo.

A common mistake is to see magica and stamina as just pools of mana to fuel your attack. But they also power the attacks. So the more total magica you have, the higher your spellpower is, and so skills using magica will be more powerfull (more dps or more healing). The same for stamina. The more you got, the higher your weapon power is. This means that skills using stamina will be more powerfull. Both stamina and magica have good skills for DPS, but all good healing skills (beside some selfheals) are scaling of magica. Same that most good blocking skills scale from stamina. To complicate matters, staffs and staffskills (including resto staffs) scale from magica, while all other weapons scale from stamina. Most class skills scale of magica (dragonguard has some skills that can be morphed to scale from stamina instead). Basically this means that a healing build puts you on magica based builds, and limits you to staffs, staff skills and class skills. There are some good hybrids, but they are rare or not really effective.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU