Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick mount questions

Atlaz
Atlaz
✭✭
1. Do all mounts start off with the same stats regardless of price?

2. How many different ways are there to improve mount stats?
"Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Atlaz wrote: »
    1. Do all mounts start off with the same stats regardless of price?

1. Technically, all mounts start without any stats of their own. But yes, all mounts regardless of price are the same. None have an advantage over the other. In ESO, it is your characters who train to improve their individual riding skills, not the mounts that are trained.
    2. Just one. You go to a stable and pay the stablemaster 250 gold to train your character in either speed, stamina, or carrying capacity. You can pay to improve your character's riding skill once per day and each area can be improved 60 times. This means it takes a minimum of 180 days to max out the riding skills on an individual character.
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    Atlaz wrote: »
    You can also buy training lessons from the crown store. Its faster than buying training from the stablemaster but costs real money.

• KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Lumi wrote: »
    You can also buy training lessons from the crown store. Its faster than buying training from the stablemaster but costs real money.

This is the less time consuming way to train your horse. If you are a sub you get 1500 crowns per month subscribed. The training lessons cost 1000 crowns and you get 10 lessons per 1000 crowns. Personally, the last time I paid for my 6 month subscription, I bought 2 speed and 2 Carry cap. My horse now has +38% speed, because I trained at the Stable 18 times before plus the 20 lessons I bought and used. My horse also has +20 carry cap which gives my character 20 extra inventory slots.
    Edited by KewaG on July 16, 2015 5:31PM
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    KewaG wrote: »
    Lumi wrote: »

This is the less time consuming way to train your horse. If you are a sub you get 1500 crowns per month subscribed. The training lessons cost 1000 crowns and you get 10 lessons per 1000 crowns. Personally, the last time I paid for my 6 month subscription, I bought 2 speed and 2 Carry cap. My horse now has +38% speed, because I trained at the Stable 18 times before plus the 20 lessons I bought and used. My horse also has +20 carry cap which gives my character 20 extra inventory slots.

To be honest, "less time consuming" is a wrong description. It really depends on how often you login. If you login everyday, it is more time consuming as buying it at the stable everyday.

average 30 days per month = 30 stable lesson.
    1500 crowns per month (from sub) is average of 15 lessons per month.

So getting to 60 (max) at the stable is double as quick as using crowns from the sub.
    The crown version is the convinience of not needing to login everyday and thinking bout visiting the stable.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hate to admit it, I may buy some Riding Lessons for a new Alt I am thinking of rolling. Just enough to get the speed up to 20 or 30 as riding a horse with L1 in speed is just sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    To be honest, "less time consuming" is a wrong description. It really depends on how often you login. If you login everyday, it is more time consuming as buying it at the stable everyday.

average 30 days per month = 30 stable lesson.
    1500 crowns per month (from sub) is average of 15 lessons per month.

So getting to 60 (max) at the stable is double as quick as using crowns from the sub.
    The crown version is the convinience of not needing to login everyday and thinking bout visiting the stable.

I see what your saying but if you pay the 6 month sub fee, you get 9000 Crowns as soon as the transaction is complete. So you can technically buy 9 Crown Lesson packs. That's 90 lessons that can be used for one mount.

NOTE: You cannot have more then 60 in any one lesson. i.e. 60 Speed, Stamina or Carry Cap Max.

I never said anything about not logging on to do lessons, waiting month to month to receive crowns or using only crowns received from sub. If you have the money you can buy crowns and do ALL 180 lessons in one day on a mount. That's what I mean by its less time consuming. Buying lessons exclusively from the Stable Master means you MUST log on everyday for the next 6 months to max out your mount.

*EDIT: I just re-read your post.

From what I read, it seems that you think 1500 crowns will buy you 15 lessons. This is wrong. The lessons come in packs of 10 per 1000 Crowns. 2 packs for 2000 Crowns equals 20 single lessons. There's no cool down I might add so you can buy 6 packs for 6000 Crowns and spam the key until all 60 lessons are used on your mount. All this before you even take your first steps of the day.
    Edited by KewaG on July 16, 2015 6:20PM
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    As much as I hate to admit it, I may buy some Riding Lessons for a new Alt I am thinking of rolling. Just enough to get the speed up to 20 or 30 as riding a horse with L1 in speed is just sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

In my personal opinion, it's so worth it. With a level 38 mount I get around so fast, plus the extra 20 inventory slots are so useful to have. Now I just need to start leveling my stamina so I don't get knocked from my mount so easily.
    Edited by KewaG on July 16, 2015 6:21PM
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Moved to previous post. Sorry to OP for spamming your discussion with my comments.
    Edited by KewaG on July 16, 2015 6:18PM
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons