Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skills that do things on end of DOT's, how do they work if you apply dot before it ends?

Kamatsu
Kamatsu
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

My query is how do skills which do X when they finish, assuming they place a DOT on the target... and you use the skill again before the DOT finish's?

An example would be the Dragon Knight skill "Burning Embers" (base skill is Searing Strike). This skill hits a target for X fire damage and places a fire DOT on the target that lasts up to 10.5 seconds (maybe longer with the right passives?), and then heals the player for 30% of the damage inflicted when the effect ends.

So my query would be - what would happen if you hit the target again with Burning ember's before the DOT had finished? Would it restart the DOT / add X seconds to it, ensuring you'd never get the heal until you stopped using the skill and let the DOT finish - and if so, would the heal be all the damage dealt by that skill up to that point, or just from the last skill use? Or would you still get the heal when the original DOT would finish?

Regarding the stamina morph, "Unstable Flame", I'm assuming that the longer you keep the DOT up the higher the damage bonus is correct?

So is the magicka build incentivizing as little use of burning embers as possible, assuming your wanting to utilize it's self-heal, while the stamina build wants you to spam unstable flame as much as possible?
o_O