Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good level to become a vampire (PS4)?

jvillene
jvillene
Soul Shriven
Hello ya'll,

I was wondering what is a good level to become a vampire, I started my second character and since I chose werewolf for my first character I want to make a vampire character now and see what the difference is between the two. So out of curiosity, what would be a good level to try and become a vampire? I have seen that some people have achieved this at level 17 but most try to get bit/scratched around 38-40.

Thanks in advance.

Seychelles7
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can achieve it as a low level character, but levelling it goes VERY slow, so you end up with the bad side effects for a long time before you get all the abilities. It was originally meant to be obtained at 38-40 so that would really be best. Best, but not impossible to do it earlier
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jvillene
    jvillene
    Soul Shriven
    Gotcha, then I am going to try and power level this alt to 38 or so to try and get that vampire bite.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jvillene wrote: »
    Gotcha, then I am going to try and power level this alt to 38 or so to try and get that vampire bite.

Yeah. You don't need to wait for the magic level 38, but the closer you are to that the easier it will be to level it :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Freysson
    Freysson
    Soul Shriven
    I just made it through the quest at lvl6. It's doable, but the levelling is so slow you can't even see the progress.
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    Obviously the sooner you get it, the sooner you'll have it leveled up.

I got vampirism at level 10-12 for each of my vampire alts, and although leveling is pretty slow, it picks up really, really quick, exponential really.

I usually become vamp level 6 around player level 32ish, meaning i can bite someone pretty early on. So i would definitely recommend getting a vamp bite asap, because you really do not have to worry about the negatives of being a vamp at early levels, let alone when you go into veteran ranks.