Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet again, Cassia Varo still not fixed

freddiebox
freddiebox
✭✭
Been stuck for literally a week at this ridiculous quest when you must kill Cassia Varo. It is almost like ZeniMax made this NPC for us to throw our monitors out the window. I'm level 33, the suggested level for this particular quest is 34. She heals back to 100% in less than a second and we have no fair chance to interrupt her. And her attacks is quite overpowered as will in addition. Her attacks usually kill anyone in three to four critical hits. Today I witnessed a level 47 struggle with this quest as well, it turned into a stalemate and he eventually just gave up. Another annoying thing is that if you die and respawn at the entrance Cassia Varo will occasionally follow you and spawn kill you over and over until you quit the game. And also you must fight the Bone Colossus again each time you die. How come ZeniMax haven't done anything about this quest yet? Is there anything I can do to finish this quest without finding a bunch of very high level players and try to get them to help me out? With broken quests like this I'm very willing to exploit myself out of this mess. -.-
Edited by freddiebox on July 16, 2015 6:48PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This quest has already been nerfed to the of being mindlessly easy already. First you and the fire altrouch take out the bone collassas. The drawn the Ogron around corner to you and kill it. Then you rush up attacking Cassia, interrupt, attack, interrupt, attack. If you have an ulti, now's the time to use it. Otherwise wait til you're level 40 and try it then.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    This quest is NOT broken and working as designed.

It is an opinion how hard the game needs to be. My opinion is that the overall level of this game is good, but it needs some more encounters as Cassia Varo. They are challenging and not everyone can do it.

There is however a trick to her. You need to interupt her healing. So recognise what annimation she use to start the healing and interupt her then. Between them you just dps her all she can and you'll find that she only needs a few interupts at all. If you do it right this quest is very easy, if you do it wrong, then you wont make it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    How can you say it is not broken when she helas back to 100% in a millisecond even before the healing animation starts. I have tried standing next to her attacking while the Fire Atronach shoot her down with flames. But as soon as she starts healing she is back to 100% before I have time to react and interrupt her. Today I had further encounters with her and ALOT of players confirm that she is plain and simple not killable at the moment. This morning there were around six players just hanging out outside the ruins talking about the quest. Maybe it is simple for the level 50 players out there.
    Edited by freddiebox on July 16, 2015 11:35AM
  • Vlor
    Vlor
    ✭✭
    I killed her a few days ago around lvl 36, she didnt seem that hard on pc. Are you on xbox? I just force shocked her a lot with destro staff spell morph, didn't fail to interrupt her.
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Vlor wrote: »
    I killed her a few days ago around lvl 36, she didnt seem that hard on pc. Are you on xbox? I just force shocked her a lot with destro staff spell morph, didn't fail to interrupt her.
    Well, I'm a tank and don't focus on magica at all. I rely fully on close range and interrupting by using my weapons. And my abilities that are supposed to interrupt don't work at all on her. I also have the Venom Arrow ability to interrupt a caster, but that does nothing to her at all. I'm on PC.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    freddiebox wrote: »
    How can you say it is not broken when she helas back to 100% in a millisecond even before the healing animation starts. I have tried standing next to her attacking while the Fire Atronach shoot her down with flames. But as soon as she starts healing she is back to 100% before I have time to react and interrupt her. Today I had further encounters with her and ALOT of players confirm that she is plain and simple not killable at the moment. This morning there were around six players just hanging out outside the ruins talking about the quest. Maybe it is simple for the level 50 players out there.

Cause millions of players have killed her with no issues. It is not bugged, your just doing it wrong. Sorry for the harsh message, but thats the truth.

PC player - EU
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Cause millions of players have killed her with no issues. It is not bugged, your just doing it wrong. Sorry for the harsh message, but thats the truth.
    Is that so? And I say million of people are stuck on this stage. Sorry for the harsh message, but that is the truth. Nevertheless, contacted ZeniMax regarding the issue and they admitted the quest is still very unstable and they will have a look on it in upcoming builds. Looks like I will be ignoring this quest for the time being until fixed. Spent another 60 minutes with her today before giving up yet again, just go confirm things. And please, don't come and tell me I'm doing it wrong, I'm already doing quests in Reaper's March and I find quite alot of them easier to finish than this. Anyway, thanks for trying though. I will take the advice to leave this quest alone.
    Edited by freddiebox on July 16, 2015 6:45PM
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If she can heal herself to full health before the healing animation has even started, something is definitely wrong. Saying "it's supposed to be that difficult, you're just not good enough." seems very insensitive, uncalled for, and just downright rude.
    Seeing this "I don't have this issue so there is no issue" style of response from you is not surprising in the least.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • psyc0cat
    psyc0cat
    Soul Shriven
    Hadn't heard of this issue till I read this post and didn't experience any of this yesterday when taking my lvl 32 through, maybe increasing your interrupts could preempt the self heal
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

If she can heal herself to full health before the healing animation has even started, something is definitely wrong. Saying "it's supposed to be that difficult, you're just not good enough." seems very insensitive, uncalled for, and just downright rude.
    Seeing this "I don't have this issue so there is no issue" style of response from you is not surprising in the least.

To explain this response from this fellow player. It is called kicking back. He has been stating an opinion AND opressing it in the wrong way on others who dissagree with him. He did so by dissobeying the forum rules and for this the mods took action. The respons to me is just another toxic respons out of bitterness over the fact that he was wrong in that matter.

As others also have stated, this quest is not impossible to do, she doesn't heal before the animation starts and she is behaving as designed.

The OP is entitled to have an opinion bout it being too hard, and I'm open for discussing that. My personal stance is that the game could use more of these challenging encunters in side quests. They don't block progress and make it more challenging overall.

However calling it bugged, where it is clearly not a bug, just to press an opinion is wrong.

PC player - EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that so? And I say million of people are stuck on this stage. Sorry for the harsh message, but that is the truth. Nevertheless, contacted ZeniMax regarding the issue and they admitted the quest is still very unstable and they will have a look on it in upcoming builds. Looks like I will be ignoring this quest for the time being until fixed. Spent another 60 minutes with her today before giving up yet again, just go confirm things. And please, don't come and tell me I'm doing it wrong, I'm already doing quests in Reaper's March and I find quite alot of them easier to finish than this. Anyway, thanks for trying though. I will take the advice to leave this quest alone.
    Vlor wrote: »

I killed her today at 36 with a sorcerer. Honest. Surprised the hell out of me. I failed several times at 34 or 35 about 6 months ago and decided to set the character aside. Came back today with same character, all new build thanks to Tamriel Unlimited refunds, and the fight was over so fast I thought she was a trash mob. I never even saw her heal. I don't know if they nerfed her again or whether a new build was all I needed.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    This encounter is to teach you to think ... even her voice dialogue gives you a clue.

However insta-full heals is either lag (so you don't see what is happening client side) or a coding issue .... if it is a coding issue, shame ZO did NOT spend time fixing problems when they should have. Many quests (including major quest line) have been broken for far too long, I guess this is one of them.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend