Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When should I worry about crafting?

SalvadorDeSloth
SalvadorDeSloth
Soul Shriven
Hey, I'm just confused on when i should start leveling my blacksmiting and enchanting. I don't want to use skill points on crafting when they could be going to abilities. I'm just confused at what time i should focus on crafting.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you want to craft at some point? level them up enough to get the first level of the research passive.
    From then on, research everything you find. Researching takes time and you'll want to start early. Getting the first rank of the passive means you can research two things at a time for that skill, this effectively cuts the time you spend researching in half.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    research asap. Level it throughout the game. Dont spend skill points in it unless its the research skills.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    You should start right away if you plan on doing Blacksmithing, Clothier, or Woodworking. The main reason to level these up is to craft sets, and they require you research traits. The time it takes is VERY long so start asap!
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki