Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[HELP] Cannot start final Mages Guild Quest

dvillar
dvillar
Soul Shriven
I have a VR1 Templar for the Ebonheart Pact. I understand that the final quest should be started at the Mages Guild in The Rift and I need to have done all the prior quests and a Mages Guild level of 5.

I have done all prior quests and have a Mages Guild level of 7 but I still can't find an NPC that leads to the start of the final quest at this location.

Have I got the requirements wrong or is there currently an issue?

*Apologies, turns out I did not post this as "Ask A Question" but as a Discussion.
Edited by dvillar on July 15, 2015 1:24AM
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    I having same problem in the AD side
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There appears to be an issue with regards to this quest, as I'm seeing it as an issue in quite a few places, but ZOS have not made any official comments on it yet. The first time I saw this mentioned, I tagged in @ZOS_TristanK ... I wonder if he has any updates?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dvillar
    dvillar
    Soul Shriven
    Update:

Shalidor has finally shown up. I was doing Cadwell's Silver and I had just passed the Mages Guild in Wayrest. If you are having a similar issue I would suggest passing through the different guilds for the other two pacts.

Hope this helps.
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    I am vr3 and mages guild lvl6 and I am still unable to get the trigger for the last mages guild quest. I am AD and can see Valaste in the mages guild in Rawl'kha but when I talk to her all she says is " adept. very glad to see you again. I have translated the final book and we are ready to monkey rum butter". And that's it. Nothing else happens. I have visited Vulkhiel guard a few times now just to see if I can pick up Shalidor somewhere along the way but nothing.. Getting frustrated. Any suggestions
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    usula wrote: »
    I am vr3 and mages guild lvl6 and I am still unable to get the trigger for the last mages guild quest. I am AD and can see Valaste in the mages guild in Rawl'kha but when I talk to her all she says is " adept. very glad to see you again. I have translated the final book and we are ready to monkey rum butter". And that's it. Nothing else happens. I have visited Vulkhiel guard a few times now just to see if I can pick up Shalidor somewhere along the way but nothing.. Getting frustrated. Any suggestions

I am also VR 3 and having same problem I am AD and been to all mages guild and still no shalidor I even been to the mages guild in EB pact and just like u valaste is in rawl'kha says the the same thing
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    My husband is having the same issue. I'm lvl 44 and popped into rawl'kha and everything worked fine for me. Not sure what's causing his to be bugged
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    Was able to do the last mage guild quest last night no problem on my nightblade lvl 40 but can't on my sorcerer VR 3
  • Michaeltjs
    Michaeltjs
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem im lvl 6 mage guild but shalidor Doesn't spawn anywhere and i have 2 quest left my alliance is AD
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if Zenimax actually officially responded to the issue.
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    Copying the answer I received from ESO customer service today on the Mages Guild last quest bug -
    -
    "My name is Matt. This is a bug at the moment. It happens when the Mages Rank from the game, desyncs from the Mages Rank displayed in the user interface.

It's an issue the developers are aware of at the moment and will have a resolution for in a future patch or hotfix. Unfortunately there isn't a work around or in-game solution that can be done in the interim.

Thankfully it's not something that stops progress entirely, so you can come back to it when it's resolved."

Reading between the lines this sounds like this is something that probably won't get fixed very soon.
  • ShimpFieRie
    same thing in AD
    Hail Sithis!
  • Rokiisun
    Rokiisun
    ✭✭
    I'm with AD vet 2 and mages guild level five on the skills page. I am having problems finding the final quest or NPC to start the quest too.
    Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

High elf, Veteran rank 3, Dragon knight, AD, PS4, EU.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This BUG has still yet to be fixed?

On a a new character. This final quest is not popping up at all, for quite a while now. I'm now VR4, and still has not appeared (Aldmeri).

Can't find Shalidor at ANY of the Mages guild quarters in Aldmeri