Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Questions about looting & werewolves

Princess_Zoe
Hi all :smile:

I am sorry if these are very newby questions but I have only been playing ESO for the past week and a half and it is my first ever MMO so I am kinda new to this stuff :blush: .

1) My first question is, does the loot you receive scale to the level of your character or to the area that you are in? I ask this because I am trying to unlock the pillager purple dye for my character, which requires me to find some epic level loot.

I have read that the easiest way to find epic loot is by finding epic runes, which count towards this unlock.. My character is only level 15 right now, so i guess my question is whether or not it would be possible for me to find "epic loot" now or will I have to wait until I am a higher level?

I was hoping that maybe there is an area in Tamriel that epic quality runes exist and I could go and find one, but if the loot you receive is based on your character level than I guess I won't be able to do that.

2) My second question is, my friend has offered to bite my character and turn me into a werewolf... He tells me that there's no real downside to being a werewolf and I should do it, but I am a bit worried that it may change my character's appearence... Is there any way that you can tell if somebody is a werewolf if they are not transformed, like do their eyes look weird or something lol, I just don't want to mess up my character...

Also, if I do become a werewolf, is it possible to go back to normal? And if so, is that an easy process?

My character is an Imperial Sorcerer with the Ebonheart alliance if that is any help for the questions.

Thank you for reading! :smiley:
  • Mos-De-Atmo
    Mos-De-Atmo
    ✭✭✭
    1) Some loot does scale to your level like in Group Dungeons but mostly it is the level of the thing that was killed. I found more Epic Quality things in the higher levels but you might get lucky and get a few things. Runes are probably the best way for that achievement though. Look for the orange glowing runes as these are Aspect Runes which could be a Rekuta (Epic Purple) or even a Kuta (Legendary Gold). :smile:

2) Werewolf only changes your appearance when you transform - it is an Ultimate Skill so you don't even have to slot it if you don't want to use it and as far as I know there is no downsides while in human form. You will get 15% more Stamina Regen though which is nice.
    ESO Academy - Up To Date Info, Guides and Tips For The Elder Scrolls Online
    - ESO Skills
    - ESO Item Sets
    - ESO Builds
  • Princess_Zoe
    Thank you heaps for the response :)

I guess I should accept the werewolf bite then, hopefully they don't patch bad things into it later lol.

Do you happen to know a good area to find aspect runes in? Or are they just totally random?

Thanks! :smile:
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    You can pay to remove the werewolf ability but there is no real downside. I bet you will love it because of a fight is going badly... You can transform and likely win. It also has a nice self heal