Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The very early quests

elephunky
elephunky
✭✭
Hey all,

I have only been playing for a few weeks on PC so I am totally noobtastic. Are you meant to disappear off to low level areas like Khenathis Roost for the Aldmeri Dominion and come back to that main city? I think I totally accidentally missed it for my Breton.

Cheers,

D
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It helps because you can get to about level 5 doing the island quests. Each map section has their own island.

You can skip it, but the fights get more difficult, given many will be about 5+ levels above yours at 1/2.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The starter islands as they were called used to be where you would be dropped straight out of Coldharbour. Zenimax butchered the story for a few vocal idiots who said the starting islands were too small and confined and now you get dumped like a sack of trash into the first main city. They were intended to be a safe place to level up a little and learn your skills without getting lost in the first main zone and being squashed by things way over your level, sort of like a safe training ground.

You may have noticed Raz, who was the person who fished you out of the ocean says, "You there! Wet one, this one needs to speak with you!" A pretty clear indication that you've recently fallen from the sky into the sea, when you considered you've supposedly sailed to Vulkhel Guard then back to Khenarthi's Roost...why would you still be wet? I wish they hadn't butchered the opening of the game.

Each faction has it own starter island that really you should visit after getting out of Coldharbour, it will make the early story make more sense and each has Skyshards you will otherwise miss:

Aldmeri Dominion - Khenarthi's Roost

Ebonheart Pact - Bleakrock Isle

Daggerfall Covenant - Stros M'kai
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on July 15, 2015 1:30AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • elephunky
    elephunky
    ✭✭
    The starter islands as they were called used to be where you would be dropped straight out of Coldharbour. Zenimax butchered the story for a few vocal idiots who said the starting islands were too small and confined and now you get dumped like a sack of trash into the first main city. They were intended to be a safe place to level up a little and learn your skills without getting lost in the first main zone and being squashed by things way over your level, sort of like a safe training ground.

You may have noticed Raz, who was the person who fished you out of the ocean says, "You there! Wet one, this one needs to speak with you!" A pretty clear indication that you've recently fallen from the sky into the sea, when you considered you've supposedly sailed to Vulkhel Guard then back to Khenarthi's Roost...why would you still be wet? I wish they hadn't butchered the opening of the game.

Each faction has it own starter island that really you should visit after getting out of Coldharbour, it will make the early story make more sense and each has Skyshards you will otherwise miss:

Aldmeri Dominion - Khenarthi's Roost

Ebonheart Pact - Bleakrock Isle

Daggerfall Covenant - Stros M'kai

Funnily enough I found my way to Khenarthi's Roost really easily. It was clear I needed to go there and I actually at first glance thought I was already on a starter island (noob). It wasnt as clear for the other two. It was only when I recreated my nord that I realised I needed to go to Bleakrock which helped a lot since I kept getting owned by spirits. I totally missed Stros M'Kai until I was above the level you get to there but I went and did it anyway. I didnt want to miss the storylines there.