Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling up

PurpleStarsaver
I'm a low level and I've noticed a lot of people I know and some people in the guilds I'm in are a lot higher level. Can higher level people still help me to level up or does it not work like that?
PSN: Purplestarsaver
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can help you to a certain extent, but for the most part, you're better off grouping with people your own level.
  • PurpleStarsaver
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    They can help you to a certain extent, but for the most part, you're better off grouping with people your own level.

Thank you! It's good to know things like that :smile:
    PSN: Purplestarsaver
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Grouping with a partner adds 5% extra xp roughly to your normal kill, you will only receive xp up until you are 6 levels above it, E.G. lvl 32 mob will only give you xp until level 38, there is no minimum level however you will miss nearly every hit if you are 6 below and it can be quite a pain to kill things. If a partner or fellow player is outside of the 6 level threshold they will not receive xp nor contribute to any experience you earn.

When you group with a partner, you only have to be near them to get their xp when they kill a mob, even if you do no damage, but if you're level 40 and a v2 groups with you, you receive no xp for anything he kills.

It's a pain, but you could always get a healer to heal you while grinding or to apply damage buffs to help you train faster.

Thanks
    Washed up player
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind, if your 5 or more levels below the mobs (talking 1 to 50 content here) then you have to do a significant amount of damage to gain credit. What significant means I am not sure, but it does mean not just being in the group and watching.

So, a good mentor will let you do most of the battle and just step in or heal when things get dicey.

The flip side is, if your 5 or move levels above the mobs, you get no exp or loot (and no armor damage either) so anyone helping you is really doing you a favor. We do favors, but just know we are not getting any thing but warm fuzzies from helping you.
    Edited by Nestor on July 14, 2015 8:48PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"