Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't I see my friend? What's wrong with the server?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
I know this has been an issue for awhile and I figured out how to fix it (well at least get him added b into my friends list in game...but my problem is when we are out of group.

The other day I was in a group to do a dungeon and they couldn't invite him because he wasn't where we were, but I was literally playing in another room at his house and can see he had completely different people around him and when I look back at my screen I can't see him and neither the people in my party.

So I had to get the crown and invite him, and after he got invited it started to teleporting him...we were at the banished cell right outside but instead it teleporting him near or inside the dungeon it teleporting him south soy friend had to run back up or he'd have to pay a 400 coin recall fee.

It was just a huge hassle for him just to dungeon with me...

I don't understand what's going on. You know there was no real server choice when we started except north America and I don't understand if we are on different servers or not or if I'm playing cross realm... but we do play on the North American server...

It's almost like there are sub servers and me and my friend are playing cross server almost...

Ita just an annoyance...
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the technology called phasing, ZOS use it a lot, it's the technology they use to make 'persistent' changes to the world, like when you rid a town of some nasties the town stays clear whereas in non-persistent games the 'baddies' respawn not long after.

There's a related tech. called layering which is how ZOS deal with excess populations, they split players into separate 'instances' of the open world, much like true 'instances' of dungeons.

The downside of this tech. is that group play is seriously handicapped, as you're sadly discovering. One of the main uses of the 'Travel To' teleport tools is to keep groups together across layers, but it can't deal with phases due to quest-chain state differences between members of the group.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 14, 2015 2:08PM
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭
    I STILL can't believe they haven't added some way to allow players to redo areas they are phased out of with, a friend!

Something like making the party members who have already done it appear as a ghost so its as if they are an echo in time and not actually there.

That way immersion isn't broken, you still get the persistent changes (if everyone in the party has finished it), and best of all...

you actually get to play with your friends! Woohoo!