Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
Can anyone explain to me why Cyrodiil opens up for us at Level 10 but everything in here is VR12 or higher?! That just doesn't make sense to me.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Entering at level 10 will scale your stats up to be competitive against the V12s. The only alternative otherwise would have been to introduce a plethora of tiered campaigns - in retrospect maybe a not as bad sounding solution but very much contradicting the initial statement of allowing 100s of players to clash.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are "battle scaled" to be sort of competitive when you go there. There is also a non-veteran campaign where you will only meet people of level 49 or less. Having said that, yes, it's a bit strange to have an area where everyone meets regardless of level, and it's definitely hard to win 1-on-1 fights against people with more and better developed skill lines, but you can still take part in group activities and make yourself very useful. Cyrodiil is not really meant for solo play.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    I'm a VR3, almost VR4, and I could barely handle one NPC in a one on one battle so I don't see how it's battle scaled at all. I ended up with a group of higher level players and we were all getting smacked by the NPC along with the actual players in the area. It doesn't feel balanced at all. I won't be returning until it is.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the moment, battle scaling is active only up to and including level 49. As soon as you reach veteran ranks, it gets disabled. This is a legacy from PC release times, where you would usually have better stats than what scaling conferred from about level 40 because you could better tailor them to your actual playstyle.

This will be changed in the next update, where scaling will be active up to I think veteran 12 unless you voluntarily opted out via the options setting. For the time being, either grind your way up to vet 12 or run in groups.
    Edited by Leandor on July 14, 2015 9:45AM