Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need weapon help

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
I currently use a 2h and bow but the 2 handed dosent kill quickly causing me to die in fights
My question is should I swap the bow out for a duel wield for faster killing
Or a sword and board for higher survivability = lasting longer
I'm a dragon knigh btw
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Or a sword and board for higher survivability = lasting longer"

Or a sword and board for faster killing.
    As you might have noticed, succesfully blocking powerattacks will damage your fooe too. It actually is a significant amount of damage. Besides that, the offensive attacks on the 1h+s are pretty good and you can't use more then one at a time. So just that you got some less doesn't make it less viable.
    Edited by Ranique on July 14, 2015 9:08AM
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on what you're looking to build your character as: DPS or Tank.

For Tanking, Sword+Board will definitely up your survivability. The first skill in its tree, Ransack, is an awesome taunt and debuff. However, 1h/Shield (at least in my experience on my DK Tank) is somewhat lacking in the damage department. I wouldn't use Sword+Board if you're looking to DPS.

For DPS, both 2h and DW are great. Rally (morph of Momentum) from the 2h tree is an excellent buff and self-heal, and using it should up your survivability. Wrecking Blow (morph of Uppercut) and Executioner (morph of Reverse Slash) are also good 2h skills. 2h is more for dishing out single-target damage, while DW shines at AoE. Steel Tornado (morph of Whirlwind) is your go-to skill for AoE damage if you choose to DW.

Bow is nice to have if you want a ranged option, but range and DK abilities don't really synergize well (that is, if you use any DK abilities). Green Dragon Blood and Hardened Armor (DK skills) might be worth looking into if you're having survivability issues.

Honestly, it's up to you. Personally, I've never had any trouble with 2h when it came to killing stuff quickly. Maybe you need to change up your skill rotation or make some armor changes. I'd hope you're using mostly medium armor for the stamina passives as a stamina DK, but you might need to throw in a few pieces of heavy for health.

Hope that helps