Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SORC BUILD HELP

Carelxss
Carelxss
My current build is:
4 piece martial knowledge
3 piece Torugs Pact
2 Cyrodiil Light Rings
Sash Of Adroitness
Pendant of the archmage because I don't have the adroitness one

Bar One-Destro Staff:Force Pulse,Structured Entropy,Crystal Frags,Bound Aegis,Inner Light
Bar Two Dual Wield:Mages Wrath,Power Surge,Liquid Lightning, Bound Aegis,Inner Light

All my gear is epic and I'm only at 2019 Spell Damage on my Destro And 22k Magika and i don't know how to increase other i see most people with 2500 Spell Damage.Any help on improving this would be great
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Well adding a pendant of adroitness is like 170 right there, also when you apply entropy / power surge it will add 20% spell damage so you'll be on around 2600/2700 with the buff and adroitness which is better than others.

Also I don't recommend using entropy and power surge as they do the same thing pretty much, keep entropy and remove power surge as power surge is triple the cost, you should also be using food buffs, a good one for v10+ is Lillandril Summer sausage which adds 5k health and 4.5k magicka and is cheap to make.

Your attributes should be around 50 magicka and 12 health.

Other things to boost max magicka is to buy the mages guild passives and make sure you have every passive for storm calling and dark magic. Once you apply all of these you'll be rocking high amounts of magicka.

Also apply a magicka glyph to every piece of armour you're wearing, these can be bought from your enchanting shops in your 3rd alliance, keep scrolling down til you fins what you're after.

Finally make sure you have your mundus stone boon to the one that adds max magicka, I believe it is called the mage, it can found in eastern deshaan for instance and will add around 1-2k max magicka depending on how many pieces of divines you are wearing.

Any other queries just pop a reply and ill help :)
    Washed up player
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what rank you are, or what you prefer to do, but I pvp and can tell you about that. At v14 with tristat food, all 62 attribute points into magicka, and the battle spirit passive from being in cyrodiil, it's possible to have 31k magicka, 18.8k hp and 12.6k stamina. This is with no campaign buffs, just battle spirit and food. 18.8k hp is enough cos your stacked shields should amount to 25k+.

Lose the pendent of arch mage and 1 torugs pact and replace it with 2 more adroitness (assuming you can't afford 2 more pieces of arch mage). The 3rd torugs gives you health whereas the 3rd adroitness gives you magicka. I would have all the small pieces of martial knowledge cos the large pieces have reinforced as a trait which is next to useless for a sorc. The large pieces of adroitness have well-fitted as a trait, which is also next to useless, but arguably more useful than reinforced, especially in cyrodiil combined with the speed buff from Boundless Storm, 20% reduced sprint cost is actually a nice boon. In PvE you could argue that reinforced was more useful though.

If you're pvping then regen is possibly more important than spell damage, you should be aiming for around 1700 regen in cyrodiil. If you're pveing then regen is not quite as important. I only run with 2012 spell dmg unbuffed in cyrodiil, I prefer to have 1750 regen. I could get my spell damage upto 2300 unbuffed but then my regen would drop to 1500. If you're going for more regen then swap out your 2 torugs for 2 seducer instead.

I'm guessing by your loadout that you're pveing. I agree with @ConnorWoods that you don't need entropy and surge as they both give the same buffs, but I would use surge in pve for the weapon damage buff and the healing from crits, but then I also notice you're dual wielding so won't be light/heavy attacking. I would personally drop the dual wield for another destro staff, but then I don't pve. I do know that I can get my spell damage up to nearly 2800 without dual wield simply with the same gear you wear (only v14), camaign buffs and major sorcery. Dual wield is for those that want over 3k spell damage imo.
    PC | EU
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    I never PvP and do pure PvE and that's just the way I've been doing things, nice of FriedEggSandwich to give expertise on Cyrodiil, forgot to mention for Sorcs, make sure you use Daedric ward for pve as the 10k shield morphs to 15k is beyond OP for survivability as it is very cheap to recast
    Washed up player
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Thanks for the help guys and also should i drop the dual wield and get 2 destro staffs? because i think having impulse on the second bar would be good.