Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The damage I deal is absolutely terrible, what am I doing wrong?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
VR1 Templar and I'm dual wielding blue VR1 items (one's an axe the other is a sword, both are enchanted with fire and shock damage).

When attacking enemies, I don't seem to be doing nearly as much damage as I should, forcing me to use my skills if I want to take down enemies quickly.

I've had this problem even when I was still in my level 30s facing enemies of my own level.

I have a real tough time clearing dungeons quickly when solo, it's unbelievable.

What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: You gave me the feedback I was looking for, thank you.
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 13, 2015 5:11PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When attacking enemies, I don't seem to be doing nearly as much damage as I should, forcing me to use my skills if I want to take down enemies quickly.
    Do I understand correctly, you are referring to simple attack damage (LMB on PC)?

That is maybe 25% of your damage output. 75% are supposed to come from activated abilities
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How have you spent your attribute points? What skills are you using? What is your armor setup? Are you using weapon/armor sets?

These are things we'll need to know to help you out.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    without knowing details bout your build, it is nearly impossible to judge where you go wrong. As you use weapons that scale of stamina, I would say that you should be running full stamina build for dps.

So if you use a lot of classskills that scale of magica, you have to have split your magica/stamina (which is a bad idea, cause the total dps is based on the size of the pool it is scaled on, so stamina attacks scale of your total amount of stamina).

So a good build for templar with axe/sword(I asume you mean the 2handed variants) should be:

1: Medium armor or heavy armor. Medium adds more dps, heavy adds more protection. Medium is preferred for damage.
    2: mostly use of weapon skills and only one or two magica skills that are focussed on selfsupport.
    3: atleast 3/4th of your attributes invested in stamina, the rest can be in health if you think you need it. No points invested in magica.

But this is all very much global. So please share details bout your build and me and others here can pinpoint your issues more exact.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • WolfgangArmadeus
    WolfgangArmadeus
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Do I understand correctly, you are referring to simple attack damage (LMB on PC)?

That is maybe 25% of your damage output. 75% are supposed to come from activated abilities

Yeah, basic light attacks are not meant to seriously injure anyone... You have to use spells/skills to cause any real damage and select appropriate passive abilities to buff them...

Its a bit of a drag if you dont enjoy punching the numbers to find a good build, there are tons of example texts/videos out there though... Try google or youtube for example stamina/magika builds...
    Edited by WolfgangArmadeus on July 13, 2015 4:56PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start by taking a look at your skill points. Have you added any to the Duel Wield passives to help increase your damage? If not, go respec and apply a couple points in there to help out. Next take a look at your armor/weapons. Are you using generic ones from drops or actual "Set" items? If your not using set items, switching to them will make a big difference. Find a crafter that can make you some. Go with 2 sets so you get bonuses for every item your using. Below is a link to all of the craftable sets that can be made by skilled players. Hundings Rage and Ashen Grip make for a great duel wield combo....

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations
    Edited by Robbmrp on July 13, 2015 8:59PM
    NA Server - Kildair