Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf help (not a bite request or offer)

Destroyah380
So I was hanging out at the werewolf shrine & a guy accidentally bit me trying to devour a giant ¯\_( ՞ਊ ՞)_/¯. Of course I gave him a reasonable amount of gold to compensate (none of that BS 5K stuff), so now I'm wondering how much do I have to use my transformation to max out the skill line?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max out??
    I truly don't know, but max out is not very important for werewolves.

the werewolf elite is nice for general solo pve, but for the rest it is not spectacular. This means that most of the werewolf passives and actives are not very important either. The reason people want to be a werewolf is cause of the extra stamina. This is given from the start. The rest of the skillline is just "meh". Off course, when you reach rank 6, you can bite someone else and become a werewolf. Also the additional ultimate is nice. But I would suggest reading into it and explain what part of the skillline you want to max out. Specially the last part (beyond rank 7) is not any good.

I would say that rank 7 takes bout 80 hours of general gameplay while levelling, with the ultimate equiped and used when it is needed, but more important, just a few hours when you stay in the hunting grounds (endless werewolf form in the quest initial area) and keep grinding there. If you left, you can still grind, best is to kill bosses as much as you can in the form.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Destroyah380
    When I say max out, I meant get the skill line itself to 10
  • sassaman
    sassaman
    It takes no time at all, seriously I maxed it out between Saturday'
    Afternoon and this evening
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    You can get to ww lvl 10 in about 10 mins. Doesn't take long at all.
  • Kalbum
    Kalbum
    Soul Shriven
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    You can get to ww lvl 10 in about 10 mins. Doesn't take long at all.

How?
    Kalbum
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    You level WW by killing things in WW form. There is a spot in Auridon called monkeys rest, if you go there with full ultimate and transform to WW you can run around and kill all the monkeys, then use devour on them to stay in WW form. Takes about 10-20 mins to max out the WW skill line to lvl 10. This does not include any actual WW skills that get slotted, it only maxes out your actual skill line to open up all the passives.
  • rbedsole
    rbedsole
    ✭✭
    It took me half an hour in the quest instance to get to max rank and that was when I could stay in ww form with no time limit at least until I leveled up the transformation ability.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was hanging out at the werewolf shrine & a guy accidentally bit me trying to devour a giant ¯\_( ՞ਊ ՞)_/¯. Of course I gave him a reasonable amount of gold to compensate (none of that BS 5K stuff), so now I'm wondering how much do I have to use my transformation to max out the skill line?

Took me about 12 hours total to max it. just find a spot that has a lot of spawns (humans preferably) and farm them. So long as you get experience from them you will get exp to your ww skill tree
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and addition to what people say, get the passive Devour as fast as possible, to stay in ww form longer, so you can kill more humans and dont need to wait to recharge your ultimate

that will make your ww line lvl 10 fast
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Took me about 12 hours total to max it. just find a spot that has a lot of spawns (humans preferably) and farm them. So long as you get experience from them you will get exp to your ww skill tree

Unless they changed it recently you don't need to kill something that gives xp, you can get skill xp from any kill including critters.