Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best DPS Nightblade Setup?

MexicanMurrican
I'm new at being a nightblade. My character is already VR2, but I'm up for making a new character or resetting stats.

My question is, what seems to be the best nightblade DPS setup in terms of attribute and skill point distribution? I'm currently running a Dark Elf, Vampire Nightblade. She runs DW and a bow for backup. I like to run the Devouring Swarm skill as my ultimate, but that and Rapid Strikes are the only two skills I'm dead set on wanting to keep.

Thanks!
NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
Thunderbird - Guild Leader
"Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new at being a nightblade. My character is already VR2, but I'm up for making a new character or resetting stats.

My question is, what seems to be the best nightblade DPS setup in terms of attribute and skill point distribution? I'm currently running a Dark Elf, Vampire Nightblade. She runs DW and a bow for backup. I like to run the Devouring Swarm skill as my ultimate, but that and Rapid Strikes are the only two skills I'm dead set on wanting to keep.

Thanks!

Change rapid strikes to the one that sets them off balance as rapid strikes is bugged it slows the attack speed not speed it up
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid strikes is suppose to increase damage per strike, not increase weapon attack per strike AFAIK. However its not the best skill to be using with nightblade's shadowy disguise ( which gives an auto crit) as it crits only on the first hit and not the whole duration of the crit.

I find that rapid strikes is useful on leveling grounds, as once the target is knocked down or immobilized( wrecking blow, ambush, crippling grasp) the duration of rapid strikes is just nice to hit that target. It is however very situational so I wouldn't recommend it on a pvp build.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • MexicanMurrican
    Rapid strikes is suppose to increase damage per strike, not increase weapon attack per strike AFAIK. However its not the best skill to be using with nightblade's shadowy disguise ( which gives an auto crit) as it crits only on the first hit and not the whole duration of the crit.

I find that rapid strikes is useful on leveling grounds, as once the target is knocked down or immobilized( wrecking blow, ambush, crippling grasp) the duration of rapid strikes is just nice to hit that target. It is however very situational so I wouldn't recommend it on a pvp build.

I will be posting my skill and attribute dist. later today.
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
    Thunderbird - Guild Leader
    "Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."