Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why aren't my quicksloted items available?

Rais3dByWolv3s
I just started playing this so sorry for the n00b questions.

I thought I set up my quickslots right. See screenshot below.

What I thought was supposed to happen was that when I hit "Q" I'd instantly consume use the item in the top slot.

Here's my setup...

quickslot-setup.png

But none of the items is available.

As you can see in the screenshot below, in my actions bar, the "Q" slot is empty. And if I press "Q" while in combat nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

empty-quickslot.png

Is there another step involved or something?

Thanks,

R
Edited by Rais3dByWolv3s on July 11, 2015 11:46AM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    When pressing "Q" the currently selected quickslot in the wheel will be consumed. When holding Q you can cycle through them and change the currently selected quickslot. It seems you currently have selected an empty slot. So hold Q and cycle through the quickslots till the one you want to be usable is the active one and then release.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned your Q slot on screen is empty. Cycle around until you see the potion you want also down below onscreen, down by your abilities bar. Then let go of the q slot menu. Alternatively if on a PC you can use a add-on like grwyminds quick slots to bind them to a key, like f1, f2 etc
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    open your inventory and then click the quickslot icon on far right. From there you can bind potions and consumables. From there you can hold down the "q" key and then use your mouse to highlight the one you want to use and then hit Q
  • Rais3dByWolv3s
    Ah. Ok. I see. That explains it.

Thanks a lot for the help.