Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune Level Locations?

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
Does anyone know if the areas spawn certain levels of runes? I've been looking for an Ode Potency Rune for a couple days now and all I keep finding are ones I need to upgrade my Enchanting to use. Does finding them go by level or something?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    potency runes are per level. As Ode is used to make runes for level 10-20 gear, you find it typically as a rare drop in places with level 10-20 mobs.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Demonic
    Demonic
    Soul Shriven
    it depends on the area level. area one spawns 10, 2 is 20, 3 is 30, 4 is 40 and so on (been a while since ive been, vet 3 on x1). if ur in a vet 3 area, the rune potency will be for vet 1-3. the aspect can change at any time.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    If you have some gold to spend and you want to do it a little bit cheaper than buying them from guild stores there's a simple solution:

1. Figure out what level glyphs this potency rune creates
    2. Check if it creates armor or weapon glyphs
    3. Buy some glyphs from a vendor on appropriate level (20-40 is always good idea, depends on needs thou)
    4. Deconstruct them (potency and essence drop most of the time)
    5. Then you can craft more glyphs to level up
    6. Anything that's left sells pretty nice in guild stores
    It's good to do on low level enchanting when glyphs from vendor are considerably cheap, but on high levels it works too IF rune prices in guild stores are too high.

Another way (cheaper) ...just complete crafting writs for enchanting every day. Takes longer but it's way cheaper ;)
    Inspiration (crafting exp) bonuses from writs get higher with higher level of glyphs you're required to create.

You can also ask your guildies who's leveling character on level you need glyphs for deconstruction. They always drop everywhere and you can pay them same price they get from a vendor for it.
    Drop glyphs give more inspiration (crafting exp) when deconstructed compared to deconstructing bought or self created glyphs.

Hope it helps ;)
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demonic wrote: »
    it depends on the area level. area one spawns 10, 2 is 20, 3 is 30, 4 is 40 and so on (been a while since ive been, vet 3 on x1). if ur in a vet 3 area, the rune potency will be for vet 1-3. the aspect can change at any time.

Just like with ore and wood it is not as black and white as this.

It is NOT map bound.

It is bound to the designated level of the area.
    So e.g. Kenarthi roost has Jora and Jode (leve lvl 1-10)
    Auridon has Jora and Ode also spawns in the part where foes up till level 10 are (bout halfway, all of it below skywatch).
    Auridon has Porade and Notade (level 5-15) spawns in the entire map.
    From skywatch and further north you can also findJera and Ode (level 10-20), but these also spawn in large parts of Grathwood.

Keep in mind that it can happen that potency runes can spawn in an area for lower levels then thier own. this is very rare.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU