Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Is this a Bug?) Shalidor's Library Books Disappear before being Found

Sword_Artist
Sword_Artist
Soul Shriven
I have the Lorebooks Addon that tells me where all the Shalidor's Library books are on my map. Sometimes, when I read a book, other unread books nearby disappear from my map tracker. At first I thought this was a bug with the addon, but then I went to a location that previously had an unread book marker, and the book really was gone without my reading it. Is this a glitch or part of the game? Do we only need to find a certain number of books in a region that is less than the total number available?
Edited by Sword_Artist on July 9, 2015 5:01PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of books that appear in more than one location in a zone. If you find one copy of the book, the other copies disappear.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    most books have several copies on the map. Typically clustered close to eachother. In the addon this is indicated by a simular mapicon. Once you have read one, all of them dissapear, but they are identical and would have counted only once anyways.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sword_Artist
    Sword_Artist
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help!