Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rolling a DK Alt.

RadicalSpirit
RadicalSpirit
✭✭✭
So my current character is a HE Sorcerer, and I do enjoy playing as a Sorc sometimes, mostly for the ability to shield up and heal people. The DPS is great but I haven't got to the point where I fully understand the class and it's abilities for say mastering 1 vs 1s.

I want to roll an alt, because I have seen a few DKs around & love their animations and how it seems to play, and also that there's way less DKs, than Sorcs & NBs.

I was considering rolling a Dunmer DK, with the intention of becoming a Vamp later on too (Already a vamp and love it), however I don't really know how to go ahead and build for a DK.

Is it better to go full stamina, or full magicka, or 50/50? My intentions would be to have a character which is superb for 1 vs 1 PvP, or 1vX and to give myself good damage, with high survivability. Also wouldn't mind switching between dps and tanking in PvE instances.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think that out of the 4 classes the DK is most suited for stamina and least suited for magica. Don't get me wrong, they are still very viable for magica use. But the earthen heart passives skills give more stamina then magica. Several morphs are morphing skills so they scale off stamina and the entire earthen heart skillline is best suited for tanks and so for stamina users.

Although vampire boost both stamina and magica, the werewolf has less downs and boost purely the stamina. Also gives it rooms for a race that also boost stamina better and/or tanking abillities (e.g. redguard or imperial).

So my advice is to make a 1h/shield and 2h cleave dragonknight that is full on stamina (maybe a bit of health). If you want, get a werewolf bite later on for an extra boost and use a class that is supporting of tank/stamina-builds.
    I also advice to use 5 pieces of heavy armor, 1 light and 1 medium (so you train them all, but lean mostly on the heavy).
    Use 1 or 2 magica based skills to level up morphs to change them to stamina and later on use magica based support skills. You also have access then to your weapon skills that are imo pretty powerfull and good for such a setup.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU