Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is it so hard to get a Vampire bite?

GNRNCSBLSS
GNRNCSBLSS
✭✭
Hey guys, my GT is "FulgurK" and I have a problem...

I've been scammed at least a dozen times now, and it's quickly getting depressing. And before someone says it, I know, I shouldn't pay for bites, but lets be honest too, its a faster process buying bites.

But seriously, It's impossible for me to get bitten, playing on the north american Xbox One server in the daggerfall cov, it's seems like i'll never get bitten, and I've wasted now 34K gold on scammed bites.

Right now even, I'm trying to offer 30k gold to someone to bite me, but now i'm asking people to screenshot their character sheet so that it'll pop up on their activity feed, to see if they can even bite, do you think thats a safe idea?

As you can tell, I'm a bit desperate now, I just want the bite and I'm not sure what else to do other than offer more gold.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    GNRNCSBLSS wrote: »
    I'm a bit desperate now

I want to highlight this!

The reason you got scammed and the reason you lost so much money is cause of that.

The question is not why it is so hard to get a vampire bite. The question is why you want it so desperate??

You paid good money on the game so you will likely be playing it for a long time. So why is it so important to you to have it now and not in a few weeks?

The reason it is so hard is cause it is a dissease that has to spread. It is designed so you need to get a bite from a fellow player (or be very very lucky with the spawns). Just as it was on the pc, it will be widely available on the console in a few weeks. The best way to get a bite for free is to join a guild that gives thier members free bites and wait your turn. till then continue and enjoy the other 99% of the game.

The problem with your behaviour (and of numerous others) is that the way you hype the thing, is making the process slower. By allowing yourself to get scammed or, if you are extremely lucky, get a paid bite, you keep that ugly market alive. The people charging for bites don't want it to spread. They are also the ones killing the spawns and even if they CAN bit you, they likely will still scam you cause it is not in thier interest to spread the dissease. They prosper from keeping it rare. So do yourself and everyone a favour and seek out a free bite! It helps spread the dissease a lot quicker and make sure the issue is a non-issue a lot quicker.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    GNRNCSBLSS wrote: »
    I'm a bit desperate now

I want to highlight this!

The reason you got scammed and the reason you lost so much money is cause of that.

The question is not why it is so hard to get a vampire bite. The question is why you want it so desperate??

You paid good money on the game so you will likely be playing it for a long time. So why is it so important to you to have it now and not in a few weeks?

The reason it is so hard is cause it is a dissease that has to spread. It is designed so you need to get a bite from a fellow player (or be very very lucky with the spawns). Just as it was on the pc, it will be widely available on the console in a few weeks. The best way to get a bite for free is to join a guild that gives thier members free bites and wait your turn. till then continue and enjoy the other 99% of the game.

The problem with your behaviour (and of numerous others) is that the way you hype the thing, is making the process slower. By allowing yourself to get scammed or, if you are extremely lucky, get a paid bite, you keep that ugly market alive. The people charging for bites don't want it to spread. They are also the ones killing the spawns and even if they CAN bit you, they likely will still scam you cause it is not in thier interest to spread the dissease. They prosper from keeping it rare. So do yourself and everyone a favour and seek out a free bite! It helps spread the dissease a lot quicker and make sure the issue is a non-issue a lot quicker.

lol chill bro.

That was a sympathy post designed to get someone to bite me for free or for a very cheap price, and it just so happens that it worked, I got a free bite last night ;]

But thanks for the insightful comment!
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    GZ on getting the bite. I did write a lengthy post, the reason is that I believe it is better to convince you then to just call in the mods to close a thread. But keep in mind that "looking for trade" threads on the forums are not allowed.

Specially now you got your bite for free I want to stress out even more that the whole paid bites stuff is a bad thing. It is not allowed on the forums for a good reason.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    GZ on getting the bite. I did write a lengthy post, the reason is that I believe it is better to convince you then to just call in the mods to close a thread. But keep in mind that "looking for trade" threads on the forums are not allowed.

Specially now you got your bite for free I want to stress out even more that the whole paid bites stuff is a bad thing. It is not allowed on the forums for a good reason.

Yeah, i know they're not allowed, exactly why i created a sympathy post as a way to get past that rule. I was being sneaky.

And the second part of what you just said is a lot of opinion. Mainly because I think paying for bites is an excellent idea, it stimulates the eso in-game community sooo much, and in return, provides the supply that so many players demand: the actual bite. Though I will agree that it comes with it's own pros and cons.

And for them not being allowed on the forums for "good reason"... The reason is just so they don't clutter the forums, posts about bites that is. While I personally think that's a pretty poor reason, it is the only actual reason nonetheless.