Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My solution to the Vampire/Werewolf issue

Anyolname
Anyolname
People are getting ripped off when it comes to giving/getting bit by a Werewolf or a Vampire. People pay and don't get bit, and people bite and don't get paid. There needs to be a fix that will not compromise the vision of the game, require a lot of programming and makes the players happy. I think I have that solution.

The only change will be the actual bite it self, remove it from the game entirely. Instead; every 7 days the Vampire or Werewolf can choose to generate an "Essence Vampire" or an "Essence of Werewolf". How you go about doing it is open for discussion, but my suggestion is to go to a shrine and perform a minor ritual that will give you the essence. This essence can be traded, sold in guild stores or sent by mail. Once the "uninfected" person has the item in their inventory(Supply slot) they simply use it to start the quest(like a consumable). Everything else stays the same; no changing of the spawn times, no changing of the spawn locations, and no new NPC quest line.

I think this would require very little programming, keeps the vision the programmers had for the quest l line, and keeps people from getting ripped off. Plus, for Vampire or Werewolf guilds this would be an income source for people of all level and keep the pricing at a fair level because of competition in a open market.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just create a quest line where at the end of helping a werewolf or vampire they offer you the option to become one and start the quest thus negating the need to bloody pay for something that essentially should be free if it wassntnfor the selfish players preventing it from being so.
    Edited by SugaComa on July 8, 2015 5:23PM
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Or they could just make the bloodfiends and werewolves invisible to those who already have the condition so they cant kill them, gives the unturned players a chance to find them in the wild
  • ssmit474
    ssmit474
    Soul Shriven
    Or they just give into their customer base and realize their "vision" is an epic failure. This kind of mechanic has no place in an MMO. If their intention was for the vampire skill line to be high level content, then don't let people spread vampirism. Period. Quest to become vampire is high leveled and NPCs that spread vampirism are high level and can only infect characters of a certain level or higher. If the intention was to make it available to everyone, for God sake's just add in an NPC who gives a level-scaling quest that results in a bite. End this annoying madness already.

THIS IS MADNESS!!

NO......THIS IS TWILIGHT!!!!

Also, when the hell is Zeni going to allow me to toggle sparkle mode?

• GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Or just create a question were at the end of helping a werewolf or vampire they offer you the option to become one and start the quest thus negating the need to bloody pay for something that essentially should be free if it wassntnfor the selfish players preventing it from being so.

It is never okay to go full ***, don't let it happen again lol

Bites are already free, for those that are patient enough, you can become a werewolf/vampire every 4 days.
    For the people that are not patient, you must purchase a bite from someone, which comes with its own pros and cons.

Stop trying to change a system just b/c you're an obviously very impatient kid.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GNRNCSBLSS wrote: »
    Or just create a question were at the end of helping a werewolf or vampire they offer you the option to become one and start the quest thus negating the need to bloody pay for something that essentially should be free if it wassntnfor the selfish players preventing it from being so.

It is never okay to go full ***, don't let it happen again lol

Bites are already free, for those that are patient enough, you can become a werewolf/vampire every 4 days.
    For the people that are not patient, you must purchase a bite from someone, which comes with its own pros and cons.

Stop trying to change a system just b/c you're an obviously very impatient kid.

First I'm 40 not a kid , second I have the patience of a saint, ... I can wait ... Ice been conned out of money as I got into a bet with a friend over who would get bit first .. I lost.

I'm now VR 2 almost 3 and still not been bit and its near on impossible on console to get bit unless you pay.

Amzong how all your assumptions are wrong.

Thanks for playing don't come again
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    not another one of these.

the system works perfectly fine!!
    Or atleast it does in the PC.

The only issue there is, is that people think they have to be a werewolf/vampire from day one. Yes there are bad people profitting from that ridiculious hype. The solution is not to fix something that isn't broken, but just to leave the hypetrain and know you will be playing for more then a few weeks (and if not, who cares bout this minor element anyways). You will get the bite totally for free if you just wait. Join a guild that gives free bites and wait your turn.

werewolf/vampirism is something you can't really plan. In the end it is a dissease and it is supposed to be random. Changing that just for some overhyped twilight fanism and breaking the immersion of the effect is wrong. Specially cause, just like on the console, it will calm down. Just compare the forum now and the first days after console release.

Patience is a virtue! ;)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ranique

PC players are different to Console players ... Most console players flit from game to game and there for like to move fast through things.

I myself can get lost for years in the same game if its captivating enough which ESO seems to be ... I can wait ... I'm just worried il get vampaeiam before wthe were wolf bite ... Vampaeiam will not work for my all stamina build ...

But then I have other characters ... So much like my Gjallahorn in destiny ... It will happen when it happens ... But would still be nice go take awa the people exploiting other gamers though by any means
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ranique

PC players are different to Console players ... Most console players flit from game to game and there for like to move fast through things.

I myself can get lost for years in the same game if its captivating enough which ESO seems to be ... I can wait ... I'm just worried il get vampaeiam before wthe were wolf bite ... Vampaeiam will not work for my all stamina build ...

But then I have other characters ... So much like my Gjallahorn in destiny ... It will happen when it happens ... But would still be nice go take awa the people exploiting other gamers though by any means

Still, breaking immersion to solve an imagined issue that only exist cause of hype is bad. And I disagree that console is that different. This same discussion existed in the first 2-3 months on the pc. But once the hype cooled down and there where more people biting for free and less people looking for it, it was a different concensus, one where the system as it is is good. So it is not only an inagined issue that only exist of hype, but it is also going to solve it self anyways.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyolname wrote: »
    The only change will be the actual bite it self, remove it from the game entirely.
    I agree to a point, but the solution is far simpler: put the option on the character creation screen.

This will:
    -stop the annoying in-game requests of people looking for bites

-give moderators on this forum a well deserved break from having to lock threads

-removes the problem of "scamming"

-makes the game 100% more enjoyable for those who actually want the feature, while giving others the option to ignore it.

It's a win-win solution and coding this would be far easier.

• Anyolname
    Anyolname
    Many good points, thanks for the input.

In trying to get my bite, I tried many options. I hung out at the blood shrine at night, with 20-30 people at times, hoping to get bit. Only to be ripped of several times. I researched out the blood fiends spawning points, to encounter large groups of people waiting at most spots, only to have them never spawn. In over two weeks of looking, I have never seen a blood fiend. Nor have I seen people killing them for personal gain.

The solution I suggest would break up some of these groups and make them smaller.Getting people back into the game and playing like they are supposed to. Knowing that if they take a few min a day, anytime during the day, to check a vendor to get what they want would bee freeing. Even if they continued to do what they are now, at least it would be a secure transaction, if they did decide they wanted to pay.

There are people out there doing it for free, and they could continue to do so.
    Edited by Anyolname on July 9, 2015 1:36PM
  • deadlykitten6
    Try a good guild with helpful people then you don't need to worry about paying for it. The more people that get bitten the easier it is to get biten also the higher lvl you are the quicker you lvl those skills at vet lvl 6 only takes a day to get vamp to lvl 10. If your in ep on na send me a message and i can tell you which guild to join or show you where the spawns are